The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Ryan Miller to Vancouver Thread

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1m
Ferraro "if you're going to sign R.Miller for 3 years $16 why not approach Cam Ward because contract is less and shorter?"
This. I like Ward more than Miller.

Absolutely a better way to go I think, unless Miller is happy with about $5 m/year over 2 or 3 years. It seems like he likes the idea of Vancouver though.

Cam Ward isn't very expensive.

That's true but Ward>Miller for me because of the contract.

Who knows, Ward is a reclamation project sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

But he is going to cost something regardless. It never hurts to get something for free, especially since he has value if we need to trade him. I'd give Miller 6 x 3 without a NTC/NMC

Eww Cam Ward sucks. Miller is actually good.

You've got it ass backwards. Cam Ward is consistent with solid technique (he's a goalie's goalie) if lacking a bit if mojo in recent years; Miller is a pure reactionary goalie who relies 100% on athleticism, and he's simply not as sharp as he once was.

I never even thought of Ward as an option, but the more I think of it, the more I like it. He'd be a perfect 1A, would mentor Lack, and has the potential to regain form and actually be a top 10 goalie in this league. If the price is right, go for it.

That's a pretty idiotic comment. What's wrong with being 34? There are a tons of goalies that shine in their 30's. If you think being 34 is too old give your head a shake.

Yeah, goalies only get better with age! Look at Marty Broduer - still as good as he ever was! We should probably offer Miller 7 or 8 years to make sure we lock him up for his prime.

Because cam ward is terrible these days! I don't want any of ward, miller, hiller, niemi, etc. I believe in lack and if they don't trust markstrom, then get a veteran backup not a goalie who wants to be a number 1 still.

And we are all glad you are not the GM. I think these guys know what they are doing. Before tuuka became elite he played behind Thomas.

Mentioned it in the other Miller thread. (Which should be merged).

Vokun and Miller have very similar stats. Yet Miller will command triple the paycheque and will likely whine if management wants to increase Lack's playing time.

Like I said in the other thread, Vokun + Moulson >>>>> Miller.

Had a .923 save percentage on a TERRIBLE BUF team and then struggled on a drastically better defensive team in STL. I wonder if Miller is a volume goaltender who reacts better to the more pucks he sees.

I know it's the most recent, but the sample size in St Louis is too small.

However bad some people are saying Miller is now, you think Lack is better?

He doesn't have the chops yet, and to have a mentor like Miller around for 2-3 seasons would propel Lack's game to another level that would take much longer to achieve without an experienced number 1 to learn from.

Sweet baby J please no:

Doug MacLean says he thinks a Ryan Miller deal could be in the 5-6 year range...

MacLean is past his best before date. I find his opinions are joke most of the time, its like he just likes to go against the grain to get a reaction from people. How long has it been since he was in Columbus and he brings it up every time he's on the air.

MacLean is a moron...

There is a small market (as most times) with goaltending and his desire (as reported) to play on the West Coast makes the market even smaller, especially with ANA and SJ reportedly not interested.

Canucks need to start at 2 years with a higher avg. salary in hopes that entices him enough to not add on the extra year. Thats why I said 2 for 12. Cap number isnt a big deal when talking short term contracts and especially on a team that wants to incorporate a lot of younger and as a result cheaper players.

I believe Miller can still play and his year before his stint in STL shows that. He was fantastic wil BUF on an awful team.

We will see soon peeps.

Archived