The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Ryan Miller to Vancouver Thread

Regarding the bolded: Pierre LeBrun: (Late May)

...a source told ESPN.com Wednesday that the Ducks have decided to stick with the kids in net, John Gibson and Frederik Andersen, and do not plan on courting Miller. You can also rule out fellow California club San Jose. The word out of there is that the Sharks are going to continue to focus on their mini-rebuild and it’s about youth for them. Adding veterans players is not in the cards in San Jose.

Is Neimi still the goalie in SJ?

Well I hope Maclean is wrong.

I have been on the bandwagon to sign Hiller instead because I am worried about the price and more importantly term for Miller. I think someone will offer him stupid term.

Sure pay him $6 million... but limit it to a 2-3 year term. Say a contract $6, $6, $3. = $5 million AAV and a cheap buyout at the end for the last year if Lack is good to go as a starter.

As with a couple of posters before, I am not too terribly worried about the cap hit... we have enough players on good value deals we can afford to overpay a little for shorter term.

twitter-icon-sports_normal.pngNews1130 Sports @News1130SportsFollow

The agent for goalie Eddie Lack says he has talked with his client about the #Canucks going after a veteran goalie.

twitter-icon-sports_normal.pngNews1130 Sports @News1130SportsFollow

Kurt Overhardt says "Lack is ok with it, he's still learning and getting better".

8:05 AM - 30 Jun 2014

Guys come on Lack is good with this, he not only learned from Luongo but gets to learn from Miller also. It's a good deal either way, we are not going to tank so lets just go ahead and sign Miller to nice 2-3 year deal and then have Lack become a beast.

Could drafting Demko make Markstrom expendable or is it still too early to determine that?

Kind of wondering that too. Not sure why everyone keeps saying Miller would be a good mentor to Demko when Markstrom is way closer to being NHL ready, higher on the depth chart and was a 1st round pick.

Sweet baby J please no:

Doug MacLean says he thinks a Ryan Miller deal could be in the 5-6 year range...

I'd be fine with this. Miller is an elite goalie. He wasn't great in the playoffs this year but it was his first time ever there with the Blues. He took the US to the gold medal game in 2010, and there were some very good teams. He was a beast in Buffalo which has been a bottom 5 team forever.

The mid-day show on The Team said they heard of a proposed offer for 3 years at 15-16.5 million...so $5-5.5/Year for 3 years. Thats something i can live with.

This team is not going full rebuild....TL and JB have said from day one that they are looking to make the playoffs every year and the trades he made look towards this. Instead of getting a bunch of prospects and picks we have gotten 3 players ages 22, 24, 26...the age this club has been lacking. What Benning has done is acquire players that we should have had in our system already with 2nd round picks that were traded away over the last 10 years.

I doubt our new management would be so quick to give out a long term deal, especially when we have Lack, who in the opinion of many can start in this league right now.

I would not mind at all if we signed Miller to a 2 or 3 year deal though. Especially around 5-6m. Great value.

I doubt our new management would be so quick to give out a long term deal, especially when we have Lack, who in the opinion of many can start in this league right now.

I would not mind at all if we signed Miller to a 2 or 3 year deal though. Especially around 5-6m. Great value.

He can't.

This will be a great signing. Miller is a top 10 goalie

No he isn't.. Luongo is better than Miller and we basically gave up him because Lack was out playing him.. this will be a mistake, goalie controversy again and a waste of cap that should be going to GOALSCORING

Archived