The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Ryan Miller to Vancouver Thread

Amazing how Miller has one poor playoff performance and people think he sucks.

Probably the same people that turned on Luongo.

What exactly has Hiller done again?

This exactly.

Ryan Miller has been a steady goalie his whole career except for this disaster with Buffalo the past season.

Olympic All-Star Team (2010)

Olympics Best Goaltender (2010)

Olympics MVP (2010)

NHL First All-Star Team (2010)

NHL Foundation Player Award (2010)

Vezina Trophy (2010)

He didn't get all that recognition for no reason.

What does wooed mean?

woo [woo] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
to seek the favor, affection, or love of, especially with a view to marriage. Synonyms: court, pursue,chase.
to seek to win: to woo fame. Synonyms: cultivate.
to invite (consequences, whether good or bad) by one's own action; court: to woo one's own destruction.
to seek to persuade (a person, group, etc.), as to do something; solicit; importune. Synonyms:petition, sue, address, entreat; butter up.
verb (used without object)
to seek the affection or love of someone, usually a woman; court: He was reminded of his youth when hewent wooing.
to solicit favor or approval; entreat: Further attempts to woo proved useless.
Dictionary.com!

I remember a few years ago highly sought after UFAs were being jetted around in private planes by the teams wooing them...Miller and his wife are flying commercial from what I understand, albeit probably executive class in Air Canada LAX to YVR. Wonder if the Canucks are picking up his airfare and hotel expense?

Anyways, I'm not sure how I feel about Ryan Miller being a Canuck...though one thing for sure...a very good goaltender can expedite the re-building/re-tooling/re-setting process.

I heard there is a sub-penthouse condo that's still on sale in Yaletown, close to Rogers Arena, currently owned by some guy playing nets for the Panthers.

Archived