The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sam Gagner dealt to AZ Coyotes

What in the fickity fack? Gagne AND Crombeen for just a 6th, AND TB has to pay 1/3 Gagne's salary? That is quite possibly the worst trade I've ever heard. There has to be something more to that. Surely he could have gotten more for Gagne than that. He is a chronic underperformer but he still has SOME utility...

I think this will be good for the yotes. Ask yourself this....If you were SG would you have performed in Edmonton? He's been on the block for how long. He has some talent and he's still young. I say he's a worthwhile risk for the coyotes.

This thread..

:lol:

I like the:

"I bet it's for Yandle...that Stevie Y he's a great GM"

to

"For picks? Man, that Stevie Y is awesome. Trading Gagner for a 1st rounder"

to

"For a 6th round pick? Cap dump I guess. Shrewd move by Stevie Y"

then finally

"For a 6th round pick AND he retains salary? Stevie Y got powned"

Steve Yzerman is a good GM but he was not very smart in this move

One would suspect that there is already an agreement in place with a tier one UFAs.

It was Bennings best move. Garrison has major groin problems and hes already an average skater before the problems. We got a 22 year old guy on a cheap contract who has been seasoned with Pearson and Tiffoli.

So Stevie gets a 6th rounder for Purcell, who had 2 years left at $4.5mil.

Jim gets a 2nd rounder out of him for Garrison, who still has 4 years left at $4.6mil.

...plus Stevie is retaining salary?

Stevie done got schooled by Captain Jim.

2 players traded. Tampa's clearing a roster spot for Drouhin. Must be nice having organizational depth in the forward position... Not so in the case of the back end as their top 2 defensive prospects are at least a couple of years away.

wanted to say something to messier that thinks benning will be fired next year... i saw his quote on this topic sorry if its a little confusing... virtanen is a great pick... he is young and will heal... ugg... mark my words everyone... believe in these guys... this team will be better this year...not time to plan the cup parade but let things develop and see what i mean!

Archived