The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Was Kesler one of the best Canucks of all-time? Future ROH ?

Canuckler87

I don't understand why Gillis and AV always whined about him being a shoot first guy though. Centers do not always have to be playmaking pass first guys. He's kind of similar to Jeff Carter in that they both can play wing, but are more effective at center when they have the go ahead to shoot. He never really had wingers who could feed him the puck at a skill level on par with his. Mason Raymond? Burrows? not even close.

Easily. After The big 5 (Sedins, Nazzy, Linden, Bure (arguably could add Luongo to this list)) he belongs in the next class (Bertuzzi, Morrison, Mclean, Smyl, etc.)

Wow, you must be young to put Smyl in the 'next class'. He's the reason we have classes in the first place

We shouldn't discredit what Kesler meant to this team. I don't think he's in the ROH, but he was our workhorse and brought it every night. Even when he didn't produce, his game away from the puck was/is all world. People have a bitter taste in their mouth, and it would have been nice to have more trade options, but I think it was time to move on and this really kick started this rebuild. I'm sure he's already moved on. And our management have a cleaner slate.

A lot of fans are bitter that he handcuffed management by asking for a trade then shortened his list from six to two teams. Does that really matter anymore considering we got a good return for him? Bonino is top six material, Sbisa should become a top four D-man for years, and McCann has the potential to be Kesler 2.0

Don't think he will be on ROH.

Stat wise he was great with us, but he is not a proud Canucks and the way he left the organization won't put him on ROH.

All of our ROH guys would enter HHOF (just an example) as a proud Canucks, can you say the same for Kesler? He probably would induct as a Duck or whatever won him the cup.

Ohlund, Luongo, Burrows would be ahead of him.

If Kesler left at age 33-34 then MAYBE he'd get in the ROH, but as of right now, he doesn't really deserve a spot...

Hell, by the looks of it, Higgins looks like he deserves a spot more than Kes if Higgy finishes his career here. The work he does with the community is really understated.

+1 on Higgy

Lying to the fans about how badly he wanted to stay in Vancouver and it's his heart.

All I hear from him now is "Blah, Blah, Blah".

I hope Mickey Mouse spits in his face at disneyland.

Add the comments after 2010 Olympic silver medal and 2014 Sochi game....

Archived