The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Value of Burrows (discussion)

So as the tittle states what would be the value of Burrows:

A 2nd rounder or a pick and a prospect?

And which teams would be interested in having him, maybe Nashville? and would he waive his NTC?.

The reason i'm asking this is because he can be good but with the direction our team is heading into I don't feel that we need burrows and his 4.5 million. I also feel that a team like Nashville will be interested because they need offence and while acquiring Neal was good but they need more.

So all in all what would be the price who would be willing to have in?

I'm not trying to say that i don't like him or anything, he is a great player but injuries and age are holding him back and his cap hit is just to much for a player that may be a good 3rd liner or a okay 1st liner parts of the season

Maybe:

To Canucks- Filip forsberg

To Nasville- Burrows, Gaunce, 4th round pick (if needed)

Burrows is worth more to us than he is to other teams. He works his a$$ off every shift and plays hard all the time. I really doubt he will have another stretch next year of 30+ games without scoring a goal. He's a huge part of the team and I don't get why everyone is trying to trade him.

Yes, we traded Kesler and Garrison but that doesn't mean that Benning is trying to clear house. Guys like Burrows and Higgins are important because they work hard every single shift and always give 100% effort. Those are the types I want our prospects to learn from.

IMO our prospects will have a lot of great examples to learn from. Like many have suggested, we are 3-4 years away from being serious contenders so why not let our prospects develop slowly? Burrows not only fills in a spot while our prospects are developing but shows them what it's like to be a Canuck. Work hard every shift. Accept the role that you are given. Be professional. Treat fans with respect. Give back to the community. What's not to like from players like that? Do we really want to be like Edmonton and give away all our veterans and throw our prospects right into the fire? That worked out so well for them huh.

I think we should keep Burrows here. We have $17.6 mill in cap space and the cap is going to go up even more. It's not like his $4.5 mill cap hit is hurting us a lot. At best Burrows and the Sedins will form one of the best lines in the NHL. At worse he will be one of the best third-liners in the league and if we make the playoffs he will step up his game (Justin Williams?). We don't have much to lose by keeping him.

Burrows is worth more to us than he is to other teams. He works his a$$ off every shift and plays hard all the time. I really doubt he will have another stretch next year of 30+ games without scoring a goal. He's a huge part of the team and I don't get why everyone is trying to trade him.

Yes, we traded Kesler and Garrison but that doesn't mean that Benning is trying to clear house. Guys like Burrows and Higgins are important because they work hard every single shift and always give 100% effort. Those are the types I want our prospects to learn from.

IMO our prospects will have a lot of great examples to learn from. Like many have suggested, we are 3-4 years away from being serious contenders so why not let our prospects develop slowly? Burrows not only fills in a spot while our prospects are developing but shows them what it's like to be a Canuck. Work hard every shift. Accept the role that you are given. Be professional. Treat fans with respect. Give back to the community. What's not to like from players like that? Do we really want to be like Edmonton and give away all our veterans and throw our prospects right into the fire? That worked out so well for them huh.

I think we should keep Burrows here. We have $17.6 mill in cap space and the cap is going to go up even more. It's not like his $4.5 mill cap hit is hurting us a lot. At best Burrows and the Sedins will form one of the best lines in the NHL. At worse he will be one of the best third-liners in the league and if we make the playoffs he will step up his game (Justin Williams?). We don't have much to lose by keeping him.

This. Exactly this.

So as the tittle states what would be the value of Burrows:

A 2nd rounder or a pick and a prospect?

And which teams would be interested in having him, maybe Nashville? and would he waive his NTC?.

The reason i'm asking this is because he can be good but with the direction our team is heading into I don't feel that we need burrows and his 4.5 million. I also feel that a team like Nashville will be interested because they need offence and while acquiring Neal was good but they need more.

So all in all what would be the price who would be willing to have in?

I'm not trying to say that i don't like him or anything, he is a great player but injuries and age are holding him back and his cap hit is just to much for a player that may be a good 3rd liner or a okay 1st liner parts of the season

After the car crash of a season he just had, he's probably not worth a whole lot in the trade market...33 years old...$4.5M cap hit...horrible rep with officials (deserved or not)...coming off a brutal season.

He's worth more to the Canucks as a roster player than as a trade candidate at this time...let him rebuild his value and trade him at the trade deadline when veterans of Burr's ilk are coveted by teams making a playoff push.

As far as what he brings to the team on the leadership front, there's no question that he's a fine example of making something significant out of nothing...no doubt he's a hard worker (we've heard TL/JB use this to describe attributes they are looking for in the people within the organization), but I'd say he's behind the Sedins, Bieksa, and Hamhuis in that category, so I'd say he's arguably redundant (though you can never have too many leaders).

As much as I appreciate what he's done for the Canucks, I wouldn't be saddened to see him moved for a 3rd pick or as part of a package in a deal for someone like Tyler Myers (if that is possible).

Not for sale..c'mon guys we need some culture. Imagine seeing Burrows ring of honour video (yes, I think he should be inducted) if he retires a Canuck

He should be inducted into the ROH regardless of where he finishes his career...he was a big part of the 2007 to 2014 era. He's fully deserving of such honor. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be traded if he can bring back some good assets.

Keeping Burrows around for this season is the best option, but if anyone does decide to bite come trade deadline pull the trigger on it. Especially if we are on the outside of the playoff picture as you can force a desperate teams hand as far as picks go. He would be a great depth guy with playoff experience for a budding team like the Stars. This Canucks team does not need 4.5 mil in cap space against it for a guy who may be damaged goods.

I really liked Burrows but his time has come and gone. Few 33year olds with his style and slight frame make it this far. We need another banner. Canada's had too many similar skilled players with Hodgeson, Raymond, Hanson and others. You need skill but you can't load a team with this type player. With Vey, the Sedin's, Horvat, Hanson we have enough. Time to add some size like signing Ott and Mitchell. Trading if possible Burrows, Schroeder, Higgins, and Richards and we can compete in this division today. Again I loved his style but he may not have much left.

Archived