The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Brad Richards to VAN as 2nd line Centre?

This is not a playoff team let alone cup run,wake up

You appear to suffer from your user name.

Vancouver is a Playoff team, I am actually quite excited to see a coach that can coach to the team's strengths and use the players in roles to succeed. I would not argue that some of the older core pieces are not trending downwards, but would also like to think that a number of them can have bounce back if not more productive years.

Would rather have Vrbata/Moulson and Ehrhoff on defence

I think Vrbata could be an interesting option, maybe a secondary scoring threat and at a lower hit then some of the other pieces out there.

Jussi Jokinen is also someone that could be valuable, I think he goes back to Pittsburgh though.

I would love to reunite Lecavier and Richards on our team. I know these two we'll enough to know that they should have never separated in Tampa but split apart for the wrong reason. These two free up playing with each other and need to finish together if the Canucks land these guys.

no

I expect my 11 upvotes within the next 24 hours :)

Seriously tho, I think Bonino > Richards. If we were to go after a center, Stasny or bust. He's the only UFA worth a damn.

And if we're not in a rebuild, where is our #1 goalie, our 2nd line center, our 2 other top 6 wingers, etc, etc. Seems stupid to sign a bunch of guys in free agency and expect them to click. I hope we don't add anybody.

Rebuild or re tool it is just a choice of word. Benning made a few big trades already so no we are not simply "adding piece for another playoff run"

Richard won't be cheap and at this point he is not best fit for Canucks.

We go through all the effort of clearing cap space. I don't think we should be spending it on players like him. He's not a go-to player either and that's probably what he would have to be on this team. He needs to be in that supporting kind of role, like Gaborik, who clearly blended in very well with Kopitar and the rest of them.

Archived