The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] VAN signs Ryan Miller

Breaking_Header.jpg

@FriedgeHNIC: Ryan Miller gets modified NTC with VAN; $5M salary and $1M signing bonus each season.

@TSNBobMcKenzie: Ryan Miller's deal with VAN is three years with an AAV of $6M.

Per Bobbie Mac on 1040:

"Yes there's no doubt in my mind he'll be a Canuck today. "

He said its a deal less than 4 years.

@ctv_kelcey: I'm hearing the #Canucks / Ryan Miller deal is done (or very close). More details to come. @ctvvancouver

@blakeprice1040: 3 year deal for Miller... Waiting on money... Expect it to be 5-6 million per..

Wonder if we'll trade Markstrom now, as he'll have to go through waivers later on?

Can't we send him down during the pre-season so he doesn't have to go through waivers? Or is that not a thing anymore?

Can someone fill me in on how it would work if we send Lack or Markstrom down? Can we actually do that if it's before the season starts or would they have to clear waivers regardless? With five goalies in the system now, it would seem like trading one of them would be the way to go if we're going to lose one of them to waivers anyway.

Although this may not be far off, I see a gun and you jumping over it. Free agency negotiating window has not opened yet, therefore nobody has signed anywhere. I also see a horse with a cart in front of it.

Was thinking the same thing. On the bright side this might mean we don't get 12 different "Ryan Miller signs with Canucks" threads at 9:05. Actually, nevermind, we probably still will.

Archived