Chicago

Anaheim

LA

Dallas

St.Louis

Minny

Colorado

San Jose

There's the eight teams who are the favorites as it stands to make the playoffs. Unfortunately, it looks as if we stand as a team right after these eight playoff teams. Middle of the pack no mans land. What separates those teams from us? SCORING DEPTH. We need to sign Vrbata or make a trade for a proven goal scorer. Would have loved to see Cammalleri in a Canucks uniform.

If so, we are good enough to maybe squeak in past one of those teams. I predict San Jose to fall off a bit. We are also young & unpredictable enough to possibly do some damage for a round or two. Get Horvat & the youngsters some playoff experiance.

Chicago

Anaheim

LA

Dallas

St.Louis

Minny

Colorado

San Jose

There's the eight teams who are the favorites as it stands to make the playoffs. Unfortunately, it looks as if we stand as a team right after these eight playoff teams. Middle of the pack no mans land. What separates those teams from us? SCORING DEPTH. We need to sign Vrbata or make a trade for a proven goal scorer. Would have loved to see Cammalleri in a Canucks uniform.

If so, we are good enough to maybe squeak in past one of those teams. I predict San Jose to fall off a bit. We are also young & unpredictable enough to possibly do some damage for a round or two. Get Horvat & the youngsters some playoff experiance.

makes people realise it's not a given that the nucks can make the playoff huh?

I remember a few years ago people are saying that making winning the PC or making the playoff wasn't important...

Who cares?

Linden/Benning have a 3-5 year build setup made all the more evident by today's signing. Let's just hope for exciting hockey and not worry so much about the playoffs for now.

How does signing a 34 year old goalie to a 3 year deal make it obvious that we don't plan to compete for 3 years? I mean, I agree that Miller is overrated, but he's still an average goalie.

How does signing a 34 year old goalie to a 3 year deal make it obvious that we don't plan to compete for 3 years? I mean, I agree that Miller is overrated, but he's still an average goalie.

Allows younger goalies in our system to develop while giving the team solid goaltending to depend on. It doesn't mean we won't compete, it just means that the plan is to contend in the future and not right away.

Trying to compete right away anyway will only yield poor playoff results that we have seen in recent years, we should be hoping that management is focused on building their ideal team that will be ready to CONTEND(not just compete) in a few years..

It's early to make predictions but with literally everyone in the west getting better and the Flames and Oilers bringing in elite young talent while the players they have are one year older I do agree.

We are going to fight hard for the middle of the back of the pack

Allows younger goalies in our system to develop while giving the team solid goaltending to depend on. It doesn't mean we won't compete, it just means that the plan is to contend in the future and not right away.

Trying to compete right away anyway will only yield poor playoff results that we have seen in recent years, we should be hoping that management is focused on building their ideal team that will be ready to CONTEND(not just compete) in a few years..

I completely agree that we should be focused on 4-5 years down the road. Sadly, I think the Miller deal suggests Benning is focused on the short term.

Lack is already decent goalie who can have some incredible stretches. He's also getting better. Miller signing was a horrible, horrible decision.

Chicago

Anaheim

LA

Dallas

St.Louis

Minny

Colorado

San Jose

I think outta those 8 teams, I agree that San Jose might slip off if we were to make the playoffs.. Dallas, Minny, Blues, Colorado, got INSANELY better. But hey? idgaf. I give a frack about this team. And I think we will become a playoff team with the right moves. And if not, Here comes McDavid :bigblush: . No but seriously, we are better and better everyday I'm telling you.

I think outta those 8 teams, I agree that San Jose might slip off if we were to make the playoffs.. Dallas, Minny, Blues, Colorado, got INSANELY better. But hey? idgaf. I give a frack about this team. And I think we will become a playoff team with the right moves. And if not, Here comes McDavid :bigblush: . No but seriously, we are better and better everyday I'm telling you.

Last year was definitely San Jose's big chance. Would be surprised if they had the morale to make another run this season.

Lack is already decent goalie who can have some incredible stretches. He's also getting better. Miller signing was a horrible, horrible decision.

LOOOL whenever I see you post it's something negative, I think Lack is a solid NHL goalie but he still needs to work on his game. Miller can help us win games and help mentor Lack.

Archived