The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(proposal) (VAN-WPG) You already know who for….

To VAN: Evander Kane

To WPG: Nicklas Jensen, Jannik Hansen, Jacob Markstrom

Why WPG does this:

• Now that we have Miller signed for 3 years, I think it's clear Markstrom needs to be traded. WPG seems like the best spot as he could potentially become their version of Eddie Lack. Markstrom seems like a perfect fit for them.
  • Nicklas Jensen kind of replaces Evander Kane. I'm not saying Jensen is equal to Kane, but it's a good place holder. Similar to how Bonino was a place holder for Kesler, Jensen is a place holder for Kane. 21, and still with potential.
  • Jannik Hansen can act as a mentor to both Nicklas Jensen and newly added Nikolaj Ehlers. Hansen is a speedy grindy type of player, Jensen is a speeding sniping type of player, and Ehlers is a speedy playmaking type of player.

Why VAN does this:

• Benning get's the scoring winger now that he wants, improving the roster for now and future.
  • Kane plays a similar style to Virtanen, which is a plus for Benning. A speedy scoring winger that can play physical when he needs too.

Signings

• Zack Kassian - 2 mill x 2 years
  • Linden Vey - 1 mill x 3 years
  • Mike Santorelli - 2 mill x 2 or 3 years
  • Chris Tanev - 2.5 mill x 4 years

Lineup

Sedin---Sedin--Kassian

Kane---Bonino---Burrows

Higgins---Horvat---Santorelli

Mattias---Richardson---Vey

(Sestito---Dorsett)

Hamhuis---Tanev

Edler---Corrado

Sbisa---Bieksa

(Stanton)

Miller

Lack

Not too horrible of a lineup. We slowly add youth and still have a decent prospect pool to support them. Thoughts?

Jets jump on this deal they love players like hansen and is no secret jensen showed hes on the verge of braking out. And yes they need some one like markstrom so i think jets all over this and i think willie can calm kane down and will be effective for years to come. One thing is vey needs to be on 3nd or 3rd line

It's interesting to me that fans keep trying to make sense of the moves Benning has made... but there isn't any sense to it... it's all just the floundering of man who is drowning because he's way beyond his ability.

Its interesting to me how stupid you are

The "cancer" analogy is getting old. Comparing a hockey player with an attitude problem to a life destroying disease probably seems pretty stupid to people who have cancer.

Van has a fairly well established pecking order, and would probably be a decent place for him to learn to chill out a little.

shinkaruk instead of Jensen..... we need Jensen he is our only nhl ready prospect. also benning showed he is willing to trade shinkaruk

I disagree. Lindin Vey and Horvat are nhl ready. I'm making space for Vey, and upgrading Jensen to Kane.

People keep talking about how this guy is a lockeroom cancer. I don't think so. Could he potentially have attitude problems, yeah but you know who else had attitude problems? Matt Duchene, Patrick kane, Tyler Seguin, etc etc. It comes with growing up, you mature and lose the attitude.

Plus, i think all of Linden, Benning, and Desjardins will agree with me, when i say, we have such good character leadership, they will be able to straiten him out. His talents though are a perfect fit for us. I would also be in for getting Andrew Ladd if not Kane as he would cost less, but if we are looking to youth, Kane is our guy

You would need to add a lot more than that to get Kane away from wpg

Really? I honestly think this is fair value. An NHL ready prospect, an established speedy third liner who can mentor the prospect coming in as well as their new prospect coming in, plus an nhl ready goaltender with lots of potential which they desperately need. What do you think needs to be added?

If we trade shinkaruk over Jensen our line up would look insane

Sedin Sedin Jensen

Kane Bonino Kassian

Higgins Vey Burrows

Richardson Matthias Dorsett

i get it you love Jensen...Shinkaruk has far less value then Jensen as it stands now

Edit: Not saying i would trade Jensen just saying the value

Really? I honestly think this is fair value. An NHL ready prospect, an established speedy third liner who can mentor the prospect coming in as well as their new prospect coming in, plus an nhl ready goaltender with lots of potential which they desperately need. What do you think needs to be added?

I personally think it's fair, but, from Cheveldayoff's view I guarantee he will want more. Add a 2015 pick in there and it gets done.

Archived