The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Mike Green

@ChuckGormleyCSN

Caps GM Brian MacLellan says Mike Green still part of Caps' future

As of right now, the Washington Capitals have 8 defense men under contract. Green, Niskanen, Orpik, Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Erskine and Hillen. They are also fairly close to the cap. Caps only have about 1.2m in space.

http://capgeek.com/capitals/

So I propose the Canucks send Jannik Hansen to the Capitals for Mike Green. Straight across. Caps shed a top 4 defense man with a $6.1m contract. Albeit, an expiring one but it also frees up a spot for one of Hillen, Erskine or Orlov to slot in at a regular position. This also frees up a spot for a Vancouver forward, a Vey, a rookie or even Matthias. I do realize that WAS is at a bit of a log jam on forwards too. Alot of 2nd-3rd liners (kind of like us) so this would basically be a cap dump for them. They do acquire a defensively responsible forward in Hansen and Vancouver acquires an offensively gifted defense man in Green that can run the play at even strength and can QB a power play. Something I think Vancouver is desperately missing.

On another note, I still think Tanev will be dealt for a top 6 forward and I hope VAN pushes hard for Del Zotto (3x3)

@ChuckGormleyCSN

As of right now, the Washington Capitals have 8 defense men under contract. Green, Niskanen, Orpik, Carlson, Alzner, Orlov, Erskine and Hillen. They are also fairly close to the cap. Caps only have about 1.2m in space.

http://capgeek.com/capitals/

So I propose the Canucks send Jannik Hansen to the Capitals for Mike Green. Straight across. Caps shed a top 4 defense man with a $6.1m contract. Albeit, an expiring one but it also frees up a spot for one of Hillen, Erskine or Orlov to slot in at a regular position. This also frees up a spot for a Vancouver forward, a Vey, a rookie or even Matthias. I do realize that WAS is at a bit of a log jam on forwards too. Alot of 2nd-3rd liners (kind of like us) so this would basically be a cap dump for them. They do acquire a defensively responsible forward in Hansen and Vancouver acquires an offensively gifted defense man in Green that can run the play at even strength and can QB a power play. Something I think Vancouver is desperately missing.

On another note, I still think Tanev will be dealt for a top 6 forward and I hope VAN pushes hard for Del Zotto (3x3)

I think it would at least Tanev and Hansen. Throw in Markstrom in there as well. Maybe they bite??

lol, u give them a 3rd or 4th liner for some1 who once was an elite offensive dman and is still decent? You would have to give more than that. Not sure how much more since this GM looks like an idiot based on his signings, but whoever wants Green (probably Detroit) would have to add.

Archived