The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who will we acquire to play with the Sedins

BOHORVAT53

We missed on Shane Doan, and now Iginla.. I dont think we sign Vrbata, Setoguchi, etc.. I think we go the trade route.. here's my list of potential trade options:

Buffalo:

Drew Stafford

Chris Stewart

*They just signed Gionta, Mccormick, bringing their NHL total to 7 RW's.. Gionta is 2nd line, so one of Stewart or Stafford might go.. Blockbuster Stafford/Stewart+Myers for Shinkaruk+Burrows+Tanev+2nd?

Columbus:

Nathan Horton

*Injury issues... Bjorkstrand should be given a shot at top 6 forward next year.. If he has a great pre-season, I can see Horton or Atkinson moving on

Dallas:

Erik Cole

*With Hemsky and Eaves coming in, Cole wont make it in the top 9 over Nichushkin.. Cole and/or Peverley could be on their way out

Detroit:

Johan Franzen

*Lets bring back the Franzen talk.. Mantha will not go back to Junior next year, and with his auful D, I cant see him playing a 3rd line checking role or wasted on the 4th line.. Developement of Jurco and others make Franzen expendable

New Jersey:

Tuomo Ruutu

Micheal Ryder

*With the addition of Marty Havlat and resigning of Bernier for 3rd and 4th line RW, one of the two have to move with Jagr needing top 6 minutes.. Brunner is a RW as well... If NJ wasnt out of buy-outs, Id say these guys and Clowe were potential candidates.. they should be easy to acquire

Philly:
Matt Read

*Simmonds and Voracek are clear favorites for top 6 roles.. Philly needs help on D, so a swap of Tanev and Read makes sense for both teams

Winnipeg:

Dustin Byfuglien

*No secret they arent happy with Byfuglien and Kane and could look to shake things up in Winnipeg and get younger.. Tanev+Jensen/Shinkaruk would be steap but make sense... perfect linemate for the twins like Iginla is

We missed on Shane Doan, and now Iginla.. I dont think we sign Vrbata, Setoguchi, etc.. I think we go the trade route.. here's my list of potential trade options:

Buffalo:

Drew Stafford

Chris Stewart

*They just signed Gionta, Mccormick, bringing their NHL total to 7 RW's.. Gionta is 2nd line, so one of Stewart or Stafford might go.. Blockbuster Stafford/Stewart+Myers for Shinkaruk+Burrows+Tanev+2nd?

Columbus:

Nathan Horton

*Injury issues... Bjorkstrand should be given a shot at top 6 forward next year.. If he has a great pre-season, I can see Horton or Atkinson moving on

Dallas:

Erik Cole

*With Hemsky and Eaves coming in, Cole wont make it in the top 9 over Nichushkin.. Cole and/or Peverley could be on their way out

Detroit:

Johan Franzen

*Lets bring back the Franzen talk.. Mantha will not go back to Junior next year, and with his auful D, I cant see him playing a 3rd line checking role or wasted on the 4th line.. Developement of Jurco and others make Franzen expendable

New Jersey:

Tuomo Ruutu

Micheal Ryder

*With the addition of Marty Havlat and resigning of Bernier for 3rd and 4th line RW, one of the two have to move with Jagr needing top 6 minutes.. Brunner is a RW as well... If NJ wasnt out of buy-outs, Id say these guys and Clowe were potential candidates.. they should be easy to acquire

Philly:

Matt Read

*Simmonds and Voracek are clear favorites for top 6 roles.. Philly needs help on D, so a swap of Tanev and Read makes sense for both teams

Winnipeg:

Dustin Byfuglien

*No secret they arent happy with Byfuglien and Kane and could look to shake things up in Winnipeg and get younger.. Tanev+Jensen/Shinkaruk would be steap but make sense... perfect linemate for the twins like Iginla is

Alex Burrows

Buffalo just hit the cap floor. I don't know how they can trade Stewart or Stafford without taking salary back...

Erik Cole is terrible.

Natha Horton won't happen. Columbus need him.

Big buff is overrated imo and not the type of player JB will go for.

Matt Read would be redundant

Franzen is always injured.

I'd say it's either Vrbata or Setoguchi. Of course Burrows and Jensen...

Canucks will not make the playoffs with Burrows Kass or Jensen on top unit.. More importantly then 1st line, but Kes is gone now so we need a righty to play first PP unit as well.. Everyone says tank, but we wont be bottom 2 regardless, so I dont want to watch a whole season of garbage hockey just to get another 6th overall pick.. I want the 8th playoff spot, so does management, so do most of you guys.. We can still draft a stud like Konency, Strome, Marner, or Barzel with a mid 1st pick

Sedins deserve a great player to play with.. They've been screwed with guys like Klatt King Carter and Pyatt on their wing their entire careers.. Only way to get them back to PPG players is a big right handed sniper.. Daniel is getting old and will have to become more of a playmaker this season.. happened to Naslund, Kesler, and now Daniel.. you lose your hands and reaction speed at older age.. thats why playmakers have longer careers then snipers

I'd like to see us go after Stewart for sure but not for the top two lines, get him for the third as a utility guy who can slide up and play the PP in front of the net.

I'd like to see lines like this (assuming no other changes, other than maybe moving hansen to make room)

Burrows / Henrik / Jensen (showed GREAT chemistry in their brief stint at the end of the year, only to subsequently be split up by the brain trust in torts! lol)

Daniel / Horvat / Kassian - Kass is ready, Daniel provides a steadying presence, and by playing on the same line tutor's these guys in game, when it matters, communicates on the bench, I think it's imperative that we do this actually. I'd like to see Horvat given a shot at number 2 and if he shows he can handle it, let him, if he can't then Bonino is more than capable.

Higgins / Bonino / Stewart - pretty tough 3rd line that can contribute

Matthias / Richardson / Dorsett - big strong 4th line that can eat minutes and is physical...

Archived