The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Update: Long Term Ceasefire Reached in Latest Gaza War

DonLever

The difference is the Israelis bring their own to justice. The Palestinians support the killings. That's the difference between civilized and savages.

In the 1600's, 1700's, and 1800's Indians (aboriginals) were thought of as savages. They were considered subhuman and were exterminated. Today we do not consider them as "savages", rather they had highly developed societies.

Get into the modern age, no group of people can be called "savages". That is the attitude of the Old West. Is that why Israeli people who build on occupied territory are called "settlers"? Isn't it the way the white people took over Indian land by "settling" there

Get over yourself.

Stop saying you aren't biased when you clearly are. Hamas just killed several Palestinian children by using them as human shields. Hamas just killed 3 Israeli teens. Hamas is the elected government of the Palestinian people.

Yes. Hamas. Grown men and women in a terrorist organization

Not the entire population of an entire state/country

That's like saying one colored person comes a murder so they're all colored savages and need be treated as such.

You're literally excusing the annexation and slow death of an entire country because of a few hundred terrorists who were blindly swept into power because of anger over the building of settlements and killing of peaceful families.

Get a frigging grip before you tell me to get over myself as you condemn an entire country and race of people for the sins of a few.

Let me make it clear for you. I support the Israelis over the Palestinians in this conflict. But I'm still not a big fan of Israel. I'm not Israeli. I don't know any or have ever met one. Never once. And never have been to Israel. I have no reason to be an Israeli fan just that I really don't like the Palestinians and their culture. At least what I have read and seen.

seriously, just stop, There no winners in this and no good or bad guys...just losers. This isn't a black and white issue where its good vs bad. It sounds like they 're fighting their grandfathers wars more and more everyday.

Conveniently missing from the above picture:

Israel's Iron Dome air defence system

Accurate comparison of the missiles used by Hamas vs. Israel

Civilian and infrastructural losses in Gaza and West Bank compared to Israel

To somehow imply that both acts are of equal damage is asinine. Israel deserves all scrutiny and more for literal overkill in the name of defence. That being said, it does not excuse Hamas for exploiting the anger and pain of civilians for their own gains.

Re: Hamas

It makes me sad how easily they are being dismissed as "just a terrorist organization". US and allies see them as a terrorist group, despite being democratically elected and having a whole side to them that is relevant to governing Gaza. Does the military wing of the Bush administration allow the entire US government to be considered as a terrorist group? Give your heads a shake.

What they have done is terrible, but to equate them to the likes of Al-Qaeda is at the very best an uneducated and stupid comparison.

I swear eventually no one is gonna know what they r fighting for

Perhaps they feel that way because there was no such thing as Israel just a few decades ago and it was artificially supplanted onto another nation through terrorism, bloodshed and forced removal.

Yeah, no right to exist. Now excuse them because they have some homes to bulldoze (with the family still inside).

haha, another person who failed history... go back a little further

To somehow imply that both acts are of equal damage is asinine. Israel deserves all scrutiny and more for literal overkill in the name of defence. That being said, it does not excuse Hamas for exploiting the anger and pain of civilians for their own gains.

It makes me sad how easily they are being dismissed as "just a terrorist organization". US and allies see them as a terrorist group, despite being democratically elected and having a whole side to them that is relevant to governing Gaza. Does the military wing of the Bush administration allow the entire US government to be considered as a terrorist group? Give your heads a shake.

What they have done is terrible, but to equate them to the likes of Al-Qaeda is at the very best an uneducated and stupid comparison.

umm, 1000 rockets per year since 2005 from Palestine into Israel calls them terrorists.

WTF?

Why don't you say what really happened.

Firstly, they are not bombing sites in the West Bank.

Secondly, the only reason non-combatants was because Hamas was using them as human shields. Israel sent in a drone to send a warning flare first that the home was going to be bombed. Hamas saw the flare and sent children and women into the building to act as human shields. The laws of war are pretty clear. It's illegal to use human shields and whoever uses them is responsible for the deaths.

Get over yourself.

Stop saying you aren't biased when you clearly are. Hamas just killed several Palestinian children by using them as human shields. Hamas just killed 3 Israeli teens. Hamas is the elected government of the Palestinian people.

Non-sense. The human shields were Palestinians volunteering risking their lives hoping to show to the Israeli airforce that the houses they have previously bombed are civilian dwellings so the airforce won't bomb them again.

As if human shields would somehow decrease the damage of any bombs dropped from the air.

Yes. Hamas. Grown men and women in a terrorist organization

Not the entire population of an entire state/country

That's like saying one colored person comes a murder so they're all colored savages and need be treated as such.

You're literally excusing the annexation and slow death of an entire country because of a few hundred terrorists who were blindly swept into power because of anger over the building of settlements and killing of peaceful families.

Get a frigging grip before you tell me to get over myself as you condemn an entire country and race of people for the sins of a few

Except that there is no annexation or slow death happening in the Gaza Strip. No Jews live there (or any minorities). Also, I didn't call anyone a savage. The Palestinians also have one of the highest growth rates and obesity rates in the world. I just don't see the slow death.

The fact of the matter is if Hamas attacks Israel, they are going to get attacked back. Israel has a duty to defend its people. Hamas is not some obscure little terrorist organization, they are the elected representatives of the Gazans.

Also, how is sending a rocket or suicide bomber into Israel any less condemning the entire civilian population or a race/country?

But...but...but... I thought the were just a random group of "grown men" terrorists. So what you guys are saying is that Israel should treat Hamas as the representative of the people....except when they do something bad, in which case they are just a terrorist group....okay I get it now. No one takes any responsibility.

Non-sense. The human shields were Palestinians volunteering risking their lives hoping to show to the Israeli airforce that the houses they have previously bombed are civilian dwellings so the airforce won't bomb them again.

As if human shields would somehow decrease the damage of any bombs dropped from the air.

The human shields are there because they know Israel goes to great lengths to avoid killing civilians. In this case the drone was sent in first, showed the building was empty. Then the fighter came in and bombed based on the previous information.

Regardless of whether the civilians "volunteered", Hamas should have sent them away instead of encouraging them to come. Hamas has a long history of using civilians like these as shields. Typically Israel calls off the attack (which is why they continue to use this tactic and put civilians at risk), but sometimes they don't.

Can we just all agree that every time someone breathes the word Israel to ignore Taxi the same way we do King Heffy when Edler is mentioned?

That would fit in with your previous pattern of ignoring facts and arguments that upset your biased views on the matter. Honestly listen to yourself. I haven't stated a single thing that isn't pure fact.

Clearly you're not as informed in that area. Hamas was "elected" due to no other option of further financial stability and powered its way in. Hamas is a terrorist organization due to the fact they fund wings that have confirmed to express themeselves through extremism including suicide bombings and human shielding, in addition to intentionally shooting rockets into Israeli civilian homes and holding weapons from and within mosques, schools, and public area with the intention to have news stories to say "Israel fired on schools, mosques, etc."

The human shields are there because they know Israel goes to great lengths to avoid killing civilians. In this case the drone was sent in first, showed the building was empty. Then the fighter came in and bombed based on the previous information.

Regardless of whether the civilians "volunteered", Hamas should have sent them away instead of encouraging them to come. Hamas has a long history of using civilians like these as shields. Typically Israel calls off the attack (which is why they continue to use this tactic and put civilians at risk), but sometimes they don't.

When you really think about it, it is the Israeli government who is using human shield tactics, in the form of armed settlers. It's a brilliant invasion strategy when you think about it. If they had sent in soldiers at least the Palestinians can fight back. The Palestinians can't hurt settlers or else they would be labelled as terrorist. The settlers can shoot Palestinian kids going to school, drop bombs on Palestinian homes because it's called defending themselves.

Except that there is no annexation or slow death happening in the Gaza Strip. No Jews live there (or any minorities). Also, I didn't call anyone a savage. The Palestinians also have one of the highest growth rates and obesity rates in the world. I just don't see the slow death.

The fact of the matter is if Hamas attacks Israel, they are going to get attacked back. Israel has a duty to defend its people. Hamas is not some obscure little terrorist organization, they are the elected representatives of the Gazans.

Also, how is sending a rocket or suicide bomber into Israel any less condemning the entire civilian population or a race/country?

But...but...but... I thought the were just a random group of "grown men" terrorists. So what you guys are saying is that Israel should treat Hamas as the representative of the people....except when they do something bad, in which case they are just a terrorist group....okay I get it now. No one takes any responsibility.

Oh, but the West Bank is nearly all gone:

four-panel-map.jpg

Also, there are only less than 5 million Palestinians in the area, so god bless them with high growth rate please.

The fact of the matter is if Israel abuses Palestinians, arrest their children with no cause, blockade their trade with no reason, and steal their lands in the name of their god, the Palestinians are entitled to defend themselves and their families.

When you really think about it, it is the Israeli government who is using human shield tactics, in the form of armed settlers. It's a brilliant invasion strategy when you think about it. If they had sent in soldiers at least the Palestinians can fight back. The Palestinians can't hurt settlers or else they would be labelled as terrorist. The settlers can shoot Palestinian kids going to school, drop bombs on Palestinian homes because it's called defending themselves.

Oh, but the West Bank is nearly all gone:

four-panel-map.jpg

Also, there are only less than 5 million Palestinians in the area, so god bless them with high growth rate please.

The fact of the matter is if Israel abuses Palestinians, arrest their children with no cause, blockade their trade with no reason, and steal their lands in the name of their god, the Palestinians are entitled to defend themselves and their families.

If you truly believe this is the reality, you're terribly misinformed.

Just in case anyone wants to learn more about the history of the region.

I'll just copy and paste the most agreed post in the Youtube comments thread:

"There was never a Native American people in all of history. These are just politically made up Mexicans all dreamed up as a so called "Native American" people to come against the true Nation of The United States of America of the Europeans"

Ancient Israel fell in 722 BCE, so attempting to justify their current occupation with antiquity is synonymous with claiming that I and my family, as ancestor to the Babylonians, have clear right to claim Babylon as our state, draw new boarders, and kick anyone currently in that area out.

Archived