The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blues sign Finnish Flash Jori Lehterä

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456156

The St. Louis Blues have signed European free agent forward Jori Lehtera.

The 26-year-old Finn scored 12 goals and 32 assists in 48 games with Novosibirsk of the Kontinental Hockey League in 2013-14.

St. Louis originally drafted Lehtera in the third round (65th overall) of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

Former 3rd round selection of the Blues coming over from the KHL. 2 year deal worth $2.75 per.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/03/lehtera-to-center-schwartz-tarasenko-will-be-contributing-factor-for-blues/

The Blues have already penciled [Lehtera] in to center Jaden Schwartz and Vladimir Tarasenko, who played with Lehtera in the KHL during the NHL lockout in 2012-13.

“He’s a big body, 6-2, 210 — very, very soft hands, a very good passer,” Armstrong said. “He’s a guy that can find players. I watched him at the World Championships give some guys some back-door tap ins on the power play. He’s just an offensive players where his strengths are his passing skills.

“Having the opportunity to watch him play at the Olympics firsthand, watching all his games at the World Championships, talking to people I know from the Finnish Federation, there’s very little question he’s ready to step in and be a contributing factor in the NHL.”

Steen - Stastny - Backes

Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko

Sobokta - Berglund - Oshie

....that's just unfair, filthy forward top 9.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/03/lehtera-to-center-schwartz-tarasenko-will-be-contributing-factor-for-blues/

Steen - Stastny - Backes

Schwartz - Lehterä - Tarasenko

Sobokta - Berglund - Oshie

....that's just unfair, filthy forward top 9.

I understand he played RW and may be better there but why would the Blues go out and make a play for the top UFA C and then move Backes away from the middle and somewhat deplete their depth at the position, especially considering you now have a first time NHL'er as the 2nd line C on a team that expects to contend for the Cup??

Steen-Backes-Oshie

Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko

I understand he played RW and may be better there but why would the Blues go out and make a play for the top UFA C and then move Backes away from the middle and somewhat deplete their depth at the position, especially considering you now have a first time NHL'er as the 2nd line C on a team that expects to contend for the Cup??

Steen-Backes-Oshie

Schwartz-Stastny-Tarasenko

Just how they want it I guess as management as said so in the nbc article I posted earlier. Plus Backes is just as good at the rightwing as he is centre. Also because Lehtera & Tarasnko have previous history/chemistry but either way, Blues has a lot of options upfront.

Archived