The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Claude Giroux apologizes to fans, teammates and organization

According to the bleacher report app, Claude Giroux sincerely apologizes for his behaviour when he was intoxicated and touched a police officer butt lol

I regret my actions on Canada Day and sincerely apologize to my fans, teammates and the Philadelphia Flyers organization for my misguided attempt at humor.

Following an investigation, law enforcement determined that charges are not warranted. I have the utmost respect for law enforcement and apologize to the Ottawa Police Department and specifically the individual officer. I will be making no further public comment on this matter.

I will not be distracted from my ongoing preparation for the upcoming season. I remain 100% committed and focused on working with my team to return the Stanley Cup to Philadelphia.

This is what he said. (no video)

“I regret my actions on Canada Day and sincerely apologize to my fans, teammates and the Philadelphia Flyers organization for my misguided attempt at humor.

Following an investigation, law enforcement determined that charges are not warranted. I have the utmost respect for law enforcement and apologize to the Ottawa Police Department and specifically the individual officer. I will be making no further public comment on this matter.

I will not be distracted from my ongoing preparation for the upcoming season. I remain 100% committed and focused on working with my team to return the Stanley Cup to Philadelphia.”

A line from TEAM1040...sort of what I remember it to be..."Giroux gives a whole new meaning to copping a feel".

What Giroux did was funny...had one too many pops...let the Gatineau boy have some fun for crying out loud, Ottawa City Police!!! Props to Giroux for apologizing.

Shouldn't have to apologize, it was funny as hell. If anyone was somehow offended by it then that's their problem.

Maybe you should try it as a joke on someone else and experience who might have a problem with it.

That is if you enjoy laying down and haemorrhaging on the pavement. A real ha ha ha...I bet not.

Archived