The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Petition to have Botchford banned from Hockey

I cant stand listening to this guy!

If the answer is yes, he says no!

He is the definition of " something that makes you wanna throw up! "

How can somebody with an intelligence level of a grade one drop out, have a job reporting about the Vancouver Canucks ?

I petition to have him banned from Hockey and preferably all television and radio as well!

He is one of the least informed and most predictable people in Vancouver sports media. He brings down the quality of journalism more than any other person in the province.

Having said that we seem to live in this culture where when people don't like things they need to have those things banned rather than just using some self control and just not pay attention to things/people they don't like. Botchford has the right to do exactly what he's doing and somehow he duped somebody into paying him to do it. That's unfortunate but we need to deal with it. It's like a canker sore. You wouldn't go in with a knife and cut it out; you try to ignore it and go on with your day and before you know it it's gone. Jason Botchford is that canker sore.

He's an idiot but as long as people keep paying attention he's going to keep being paid to be an idiot. Creating petitions are just another form of attention.

MadOgre

Mad = angry

or

Mad = insane

?

There is always going to be a portion of the media that is there just to be negative.

As I remember it's was "Big" Al Davidson (CKNW) who passed that torch to Neil McCrae (CKNW) who coined the phrase "Sedin sisters". Both are really nice people (I've met them both) but that's their "schtick" or gimmick as it were.

Either way hate on if that's your thing or just don't bother with "Crotchford" who is anything but an original.

Typically journalists follow an unwritten set of rules that they must abide by. It seems to me, by the amount of unsubstantiated news that effluviates out of his mouth, that he does not abide by them. I liken him to a paparazzi guy or somebody that works at TMZ. Unfortunately, he was hired by a somewhat respectable newspaper and he is featured on TSN, more than he should be.

I just take what he reads and says with a giant bag of salt, it's about the only thing you can do.

Ideally he'd land a job with his halfwit peers at TSN, move back to Toronto, and stalk the Leafs instead.

Perhaps the better option is for you to write to TSN and tell that sinking ship that they should woo Vancouver's self-trolling prattle jockey into their ranks.

Archived