The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Benning Done?

jypark14

Clearly the Canucks currently have way too many forwards

Some people have been speculating that Hansen might be traded

Burrows declined to waive his NTC

Assuming that we still have a gaping hole in the top 6 forward spot do you think JB will make a move to land a decent forward?

he's quoted in the province saying this is probably the team they'll start the season with.

sedin-sedin-vrbata

burrows-bonino-kassian

higgins-vey-hansen

matthias-richardson-dorsett

sestito

hamhuis-tanev

edler-bieksa

sbisa-weber

stanton-corrado

miller

lack

would be my guess.

Minus RFA signings, I believe we are done.

The only exception would be if a team out there desperately needs a trade.

There are several that have cap issues who still need forwards.

Also teams that are having trouble re-signing their guys.

Honestly, I think he is, any other moves will probably be signings.

JB & Linden seem to like to get things done as fast as possible instead of waiting for months on end until Luongo's trade value is next to nothing and then we end up getting Florida's scraps for the 99th time..

he's quoted in the province saying this is probably the team they'll start the season with.

sedin-sedin-vrbata

burrows-bonino-kassian

higgins-vey-hansen

matthias-richardson-dorsett

sestito

hamhuis-tanev

edler-bieksa

sbisa-weber

stanton-corrado

miller

lack

would be my guess.

I don't mind that line up.... Just wish we had a future #1 center on the second line coming up ala Johansen. Then we'd be set for a long time.

given that he asked Burrows to waive his NTC likely means he isn't done..... we have a surplus of forwards it only makes sense that he is looking at dealing a few of them

I think he asked him before the draft. Thats what I read somewhere. Maybe he asks him again before the trade deadline and snags a good pick for the 2015 draft. I could see Burrows going to Montreal for some reason.

Wouldn't be surprised if Hansen gets traded for a pick or prospect, hopefully not a pick because he's worth no more than a 3rd.

I'd be happy to go into the season with this:

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Jensen - Bonino - Kassian

Hansen - Matthias/Vey - Higgins

Burrows - Richardson - Matthias/Vey

Dorsett/Sestito

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Sbisa - Corrado

Stanton/Weber

Miller

Lack

The entire season depends on how the Sedins, Jensen/Kassian, Miller and Edler play. If the twins have even around 70 point seasons, Jensen and Kassian can pot 20 goals each and Edler gets back to being a + player, with 40-50 points, this Canucks team will definitely make the playoffs and may even make it to the second round. Heck, even if they don't and Miller has one of his sparkling Vezina years, it may be very similar to what Luongo did in 2007 when he single-handedly carried a crappy Canucks team to the 2nd round.

^^ Really! Just let the team play for a bit...see how they gel. There's no need to trade anyone just yet. Sestito will be the 13th guy.

Lots of choices up front and there will be a lot of competition for the 2nd and 3rd lines.

Archived