The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Buffalo - Vancouver

Love Eddy....just don't see him being BENNINGS guy! It seems like every team has a good goalie or 2 waiting to jump in.....

MY Trade:

(Buffalo) 2015-2nd and 2016-2nd for (Vancouver) Eddy Lack

Buffalo's 2015-2nd will be just like a 1st in a strong draft, they will also still be down in 2016

Risk? Yes! But if Schnieder gets you a 9th over all, Lack won't get you near the same.....I would do it with Miller, Erickson and Demko in the Pipeline.........the wild card is Markstrom, they say he has talent and athletic ability......a couple of years as a back up to Miller will tell one way or another, and it sounds like Erickson is a pretty good up and coming goalie....we can afford to loose Eddy!

So Eddy has the same value as Luongo did?

Eddy has more value than Luongo...we are not talking about talent, we are talking about contract, age, etc, Eddy could anchor their goal tending for 3 to 4 years or until Makarov comes and takes his place ( this is how it is suppose to work) just don't sign Eddy to a long term, expensive contract and he will be easy to move a 3 to 4 years.

The alternative is that you put Markstrom on wavers and you loose him.....not smart IMO

The last thing that the Sabres need is goaltending. They have an Olympian goaltender in Jhonas Enroth, a pretty decent goalie in Michal Neuvirth, a promising goaltender in Matt Hackett, as well as an up and coming Nathan Lieuwen, and finally Andrey Makarov.

The last thing that the Sabres need is goaltending. They have an Olympian goaltender in Jhonas Enroth, a pretty decent goalie in Michal Neuvirth, a promising goaltender in Matt Hackett, as well as an up and coming Nathan Lieuwen, and finally Andrey Makarov.

Sorry buddy but the first 3 are no big thing and the other 2 are rookies....Hackett is on his way to retirement.......buffalo needs a goalie for today, not 3 or 4 years from now......yes then they could possibly be ready or NOT...........LACK CAN PLAY NOW, AND NOW IS HIS TIME...sorry for the capitals!

Sorry buddy but the first 3 are no big thing and the other 2 are rookies....Hackett is on his way to retirement.......buffalo needs a goalie for today, not 3 or 4 years from now......yes then they could possibly be ready or NOT...........LACK CAN PLAY NOW, AND NOW IS HIS TIME...sorry for the capitals!

Huh? A 24 year old is already on his way to retirement? That's one short lived career...you might want a mulligan on that comment.

Ok little buddy. First get a clue before you talk about a team and it's AHL affiliate's players, Hackett is 24 years old. He won't be retiring any time soon. Jhonas Enroth has a silver medal from the 2014 Olympics. Between him and "King Henry", they we're considered as being in the Top 2 or 3 of goalie tandems at the Games.

Enroth is being given the opportunity to further prove himself as a starter now that Miller is no longer in the picture and and then there's Neuvirth who is an average goalie.

Goalies are weird creatures. You rarely know what you have until they're given regular ice time. One of the best goalies of all time, Dominik Hasek, was traded away by Chicago in favor of Jimmy Waite in the early 90's. After Hasek came out from under Grant Fuhr's (another all-time great) very large shadow, he was able to become who he became. Had Hasek stayed as Belfour's backup in Chicago he never would have had an opportunity to become who he became.

The Sabres are hoping that Enroth will turn out to be an excellent goalie but there's only one way to find out. Since the Sabres suck and aren't going anywhere soon, now is the best time to test all of the goalies in an effort to see how good they can become.

If by the time the up and coming new generation of Sabres starts to succeed and there is still no goalie, then would be the time for the Sabres to go into the market and get the best goalie that they can. Until then they will wait and see how well their current goalies develop.

Eddie Lack is not the right goalie for the Sabres right now. That has as much to do with timing as it does anything else.

Ok little buddy. First get a clue before you talk about a team and it's AHL affiliate's players, Hackett is 24 years old. He won't be retiring any time soon. Jhonas Enroth has a silver medal from the 2014 Olympics. Between him and "King Henry", they we're considered as being in the Top 2 or 3 of goalie tandems at the Games.

Enroth is being given the opportunity to further prove himself as a starter now that Miller is no longer in the picture and and then there's Neuvirth who is an average goalie.

Goalies are weird creatures. You rarely know what you have until they're given regular ice time. One of the best goalies of all time, Dominik Hasek, was traded away by Chicago in favor of Jimmy Waite in the early 90's. After Hasek came out from under Grant Fuhr's (another all-time great) very large shadow, he was able to become who he became. Had Hasek stayed as Belfour's backup in Chicago he never would have had an opportunity to become who he became.

The Sabres are hoping that Enroth will turn out to be an excellent goalie but there's only one way to find out. Since the Sabres suck and aren't going anywhere soon, now is the best time to test all of the goalies in an effort to see how good they can become.

If by the time the up and coming new generation of Sabres starts to succeed and there is still no goalie, then would be the time for the Sabres to go into the market and get the best goalie that they can. Until then they will wait and see how well their current goalies develop.

Eddie Lack is not the right goalie for the Sabres right now. That has as much to do with timing as it does anything else.

Ok, I admit I failed on Hackett, but Enroth is ranked lower than Lack, and his pro numbers that I have looked at are not that great, Neuvirth isn't as good. Both are UFA's at the end of this year. Hawkett had a .898 save percentage last year in 33 games in Rochester. (Not a starting NHL goalie in my books)

Makrov is young and will need seasoning, it would be good for him to be behind Lack for 2 or 3 years, somewhat like Rask was behind Thomas. And he has not played a game in the NHL yet

2 second rounders is cheap for the 19th rated goalie who's team had a breakdown last year.

PS......and about Enroth and the Olympics....how many games did he play and against who? Baldswetvia?

Now I could be wrong because I am not a Sabres fan, but I don't think your arguements, are all that strong.....

Oh yeah, I aint so little......I wish!

I am lucky I am not getting hung for suggesting Lack is only worth 2 seconds from CDC, but I think it is fair!

Ok, I admit I failed on Hackett, but Enroth is ranked lower than Lack, and his pro numbers that I have looked at are not that great, Neuvirth isn't as good. Both are UFA's at the end of this year. Hawkett had a .898 save percentage last year in 33 games in Rochester. (Not a starting NHL goalie in my books)

Makrov is young and will need seasoning, it would be good for him to be behind Lack for 2 or 3 years, somewhat like Rask was behind Thomas. And he has not played a game in the NHL yet

2 second rounders is cheap for the 19th rated goalie who's team had a breakdown last year.

PS......and about Enroth and the Olympics....how many games did he play and against who? Baldswetvia?

Now I could be wrong because I am not a Sabres fan, but I don't think your arguements, are all that strong.....

Oh yeah, I aint so little......I wish!

I am lucky I am not getting hung for suggesting Lack is only worth 2 seconds from CDC, but I think it is fair!

There's no doubting that Lack is better than both Enroth and Neuvirth, but by the time the Sabres are ready to compete in 3 years time, the goalie situation will be straightened out and if it isn't then that's when the Sabres will trade for a proven vet. Right now there is no urgent need for one. When a team is in last place and will not be out of the bottom 5 this year, having a new goalie is pretty much the least of your worries.

The Canucks needed a legit starter like Miller because there's a decent chance that they will make the playoffs.

There's no doubting that Lack is better than both Enroth and Neuvirth, but by the time the Sabres are ready to compete in 3 years time, the goalie situation will be straightened out and if it isn't then that's when the Sabres will trade for a proven vet. Right now there is no urgent need for one. When a team is in last place and will not be out of the bottom 5 this year, having a new goalie is pretty much the least of your worries.

The Canucks needed a legit starter like Miller because there's a decent chance that they will make the playoffs.

Yes, but you shouldn't pass up talent in spite of yourself.......2 seconds????

Yes, but you shouldn't pass up talent in spite of yourself.......2 seconds????

We just disagree on this issue. I personally don't have the patience to talk to the boneheads on the HFboards, but you should head over there onto the Sabres forum and get other people's opinions. They may differ from my opinion.

That's a horrible deal for us. Not to mention goaltending is the last thing Buffalo needs.

I agree that Buffalo won't want/need Lack but explain how this would be a horrible deal for the Canucks?

I see the Canucks have Miller for three more years with Markstrom, Eriksson and Demko as great prospects.

Why wouldn't you want two 2nd rounders for Lack, one of which is next season in a deep draft and will likely be 31st overall since Buffalo has a strong chance to finish last.

We just disagree on this issue. I personally don't have the patience to talk to the boneheads on the HFboards, but you should head over there onto the Sabres forum and get other people's opinions. They may differ from my opinion.

No, they may just agree with you. I am sure they are just like us and over value their prospects too! As will most fans. I have been fooled before...thought Kesler would bring more, but unless it is mutual, teams seem to really over pay or really underpay...go figure!

Just want to say, that I appriciate your opinions...it is not wrong to disagree.....and as I am sure you know.....Pro teams are not calling us up for our opinions! LOL At least not me! LOL

Archived