The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Package for the first overall/second overall

I'm just curious, in a hypothetical situation, what would it take to acquire one of Eichel or Mcdavid? These 2 are the best top 2 prospects in a draft since Ovechkin and Malkin and are both future franchise players, what would it take from our team to even get a team with the top 2 picks to consider a trade with us.

I was thinking of something such as

1st Round Pick in 2015

1st Round Pick in 2016

Eddie Lack

Zack Kassian

Bo Horvat

Christopher Tanev

Linden Vey

Luca Sbisa

for

1st overall

Would you guys be willing to make such a move? Also do you feel this is enough to entice a team to even consider such a deal? I tried to formulate a package similar to what the return was for Eric Lindros

this would leave our prospect pool looking like

Virtanen - Mcdavid - Jensen

Shinkaruk - McCann -

Fox - Cassels - Gaunce

Kenins - Lain - Archibald

Corrado - Tommernes

Cederholm - Tryamkin

Subban - Hutton

Demko

Eriksson/Markstrom

***again not suggesting we should do such a thing and overpay for a 1st overall pick, just curious as to what it would take.

I'm just curious, in a hypothetical situation, what would it take to acquire one of Eichel or Mcdavid? These 2 are the best top 2 prospects in a draft since Ovechkin and Malkin and are both future franchise players, what would it take from our team to even get a team with the top 2 picks to consider a trade with us.

I was thinking of something such as

1st Round Pick in 2015

1st Round Pick in 2016

Eddie Lack

Zack Kassian

Bo Horvat

Christopher Tanev

Linden Vey

Luca Sbisa

for

1st overall

Would you guys be willing to make such a move? Also do you feel this is enough to entice a team to even consider such a deal? I tried to formulate a package similar to what the return was for Eric Lindros

this would leave our prospect pool looking like

Virtanen - Mcdavid - Jensen

Shinkaruk - McCann -

Fox - Cassels - Gaunce

Kenins - Lain - Archibald

Corrado - Tommernes

Cederholm - Tryamkin

Subban - Hutton

Demko

Eriksson/Markstrom

***again not suggesting we should do such a thing and overpay for a 1st overall pick, just curious as to what it would take.

Doesn't look like you have a hell of a lot to play with. In essence you are giving them 3 first round picks when you include Horvat.

With the draft lottery, you are not assured of first pick. Think you need to better think this out. I think it is terrible .... Just sayin'

Doesn't look like you have a hell of a lot to play with. In essence you are giving them 3 first round picks when you include Horvat.

With the draft lottery, you are not assured of first pick. Think you need to better think this out. I think it is terrible .... Just sayin'

I'm talking about after the draft lottery when the possessor of the 1st or 2nd overall pick have been revealed

Your a moron, why trade away 5 NHL players, for a prospect

geez people need to be less butthurt, all i said was that i'm curious what it would take to get these players. Now if you don't agree why don't you suggest a counter proposal that would contribute to the topic, rather than insult.

Furthermore, it's *you're.

I'm talking about after the draft lottery when the possessor of the 1st or 2nd overall pick have been revealed

Sorry buddy, you are giving far too much away for something that might not even turn out even if he is the first pick.

I appreciate you want #1 but it will take what Vancouver will not be willing to give.

Sorry buddy, you are giving far too much away for something that might not even turn out even if he is the first pick.

I appreciate you want #1 but it will take what Vancouver will not be willing to give.

yeah i definitely agree it's a huge risk, and while #1 would be amazing I'm fully aware that Van would need to overpay A LOT for it. Just curious as to what others think it might actually take

A team picking w/ the 1st/2nd overall pick w/ the best player to come out of juniors since Crosby will never trade that pick. There's way too much hype surrounding him and Eichel, and the team will likely have depth in their prospect pool and will need a superstar. While these are a lot of pieces that could be beneficial to a team, no owner would allow this to happen.

Or would could just pull a Pittsburgh. Tank and get him for free! :bigblush:

Pittsburgh didn't even pull a Pittsburgh. It was the lockout year. They randomly drawed Pittsburgh as 1st overall.

It would have been nice if Vancouver was drawn.

I cri everytim

Crying-meme.png

Archived