The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We could be better this year then everyone thinks?

wheeler64

For a change I feel optimistic about this season here's why, we now have a coach by reputation players like to play for and knows how to get the best out of his players, we got a right winger that can score to play with the twins it gives them a chance for a good bounce back year, they are too good of players not to! for the second line we have a young center coming off a break through season in sorts possibly playing with Kassian who's ready to have his break out season with Higgins on the left, leaving a third line of Burrows, Mattais, Hansen, or one of the young guns, I think barring injuries Burrows will have a bounce back year and the 4th line looks good also.

It's proven time and time again a good hard working team can compete with the best. Yes there are a few ifs but they are realistic ifs. If we get good goaltending we should, if the twins find chemistry with Vrbata I think they will, Kassian looked at the last quarter of the season like he was turning into the power forward we all are expecting him to be playing on the second line with a center that started his break out last year we could have finally a good 1, 2 punch with Higgins or better yet Dan Fox who had his break out season in the miners with a league leading 64 goals and 109 pts in 67 games playing wing for Brendan Gaunce who also had a good year, not to leave out Horvat who could also make the team making Richardson and Hansen expendable.

So Canuck fans I want to believe how about you?

Everybody on the roster over the age of 30 is out of their prime (Sedins, Vrbata, Miller, Burr, Bieksa, etc). Factor aging players in w/ powerhouse teams in the West (LA, Chi, SJ, Ana...) w/ up and coming teams as well (Min, Stars, Preds, Col...) and we are f*****.

While I think we will get better (not too hard to do considering last year), it won't be a huge improvement. I think we'll easily finish in the bottom 10 in the league and will "compete" w/ other Canadian teams in the bottom 5. Not bad considering how good the draft is this year.

Who would you rather have as your GM?

The guy that was celebrating with tequila and champage in 2011 after Game #2 of the SCF or the guy that would still be scouting talent at a minor league rink the day after we won the SCF.

I've put my trust in Benning. If given a chance he will build us a championship team.... and than work his butt off to keep us competitive year after year.

someone needs to start a pool for when CDC turns on JB and TL... given the bipolar nature of the community, it's tough to narrow it down - my money is on the trade deadline this year

Then do me a favour.

Keep a note of the actual users that are pro-Benning now and then anti-benning later and call them out personally if those users actually change their tune and behave in such a way you have just broad-brushed the whole of CDC over

If poster Spinach says today that Benning is GM of the year but later we suck and poster Rutabaga claims Benning is a dud that doesn't mean the board is bipolar. It means that people are just louder when their bias seems to have more merit and they start posting more.

neither of those posters are connected in any way except that they are CDC members and they have different backgrounds and opinions and are not responsible for each others posts in any way. Only their own

As long as the Canucks squak into or even get close to getting into the playoffs this year, I think the majority of people on CDC will give Linden and Benning time. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I'm still hoping that we'll all see the Canucks vs. the Sabres in the SCF in a few years.

Then do me a favour.

Keep a note of the actual users that are pro-Benning now and then anti-benning later and call them out personally if those users actually change their tune and behave in such a way you have just broad-brushed the whole of CDC over

If poster Spinach says today that Benning is GM of the year but later we suck and poster Rutabaga claims Benning is a dud that doesn't mean the board is bipolar. It means that people are just louder when their bias seems to have more merit and they start posting more.

neither of those posters are connected in any way except that they are CDC members and they have different backgrounds and opinions and are not responsible for each others posts in any way. Only their own

That sounds like too much work, I'd much rather just make radical, random, stereotyping comments - makes me feel me apart of the community :)

CDC is most definitely bi-polar. With so many people having varying opinions, and varying personalities, you get some that will admit that they were wrong when they are and you get others that will hide in the background when they are, and finally others that pretend that they knew something all along and get uber peeved if they get called out on it.

It's just the nature of a meeting place where hundreds of people gather.

It's one of the things that makes CDC so much fun to be a part of. At least for me that is. ::D

That sounds like too much work, I'd much rather just make radical, random, stereotyping comments - makes me feel me apart of the community :)

You effectively made my clever post a waste of time and made me laugh simultaneously

+1

I'm still hoping that we'll all see the Canucks vs. the Sabres in the SCF in a few years.

I like that idea, entered the league together, both have failed to won a Stanley Cup. The Kassian/Hodgson trade debate would arise (assuming one doesn't just take off, way ahead of the other).

Anyways, this year will be better, but it will come down mainly on the first line. The Sedins carried this team offensively for years (with offensive support coming from Kesler), but the year the Sedins don't produce, is the year the team collapses. Despite all the good things that could happen (Edler/Burrows bounce back, Kassian breakout, etc.) it will mainly come down on the Sedins. The thing is, the Sedins were also always dependent on the rest of the team (PK, defensive zone F.O., provide energy, and some secondary offense). and I think our bottom 6 especially looks really good, so I think they can do it. I also think Bonino and Kassian will really have a chance to prove themselves and try to fill the void of secondary offense left by Kesler.

Should be an interesting year.

CDC is most definitely bi-polar. With so many people having varying opinions, and varying personalities, you get some that will admit that they were wrong when they are and you get others that will hide in the background when they are, and finally others that pretend that they knew something all along and get uber peeved if they get called out on it.

It's just the nature of a meeting place where hundreds of people gather.

It's one of the things that makes CDC so much fun to be a part of. At least for me that is. ::D

Sounds pretty much like the whole society itself, not just CDC lol

Archived