The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How do other hockey fans view the Canucks?

mike0099

Management is now viewed as one of the best in the league and that's a known now.

Core, people will laugh cause we have the Sedins' but that's a predisposition they have cause they have no clue how great they are and what they go through playing the way they do. Bit more reputable with Kesler gone even though he cleaned up his game years ago but I assume this core is considered fair. Not bad nor good but fair.

Roster is viewed as in a re-load/re-set. It's not great or bad, it's good.

My brother's a Blackhawks fan. He thinks our new management is good and we could challenge for a playoff spot (much like me).

My buddy is a Hawks fan too and believe me or not he's terrifyed that we got Miller and Vrbata, and at the thought of everyone having bounceback years.

So in short, we really improved our reputation. There will always be people who hate us for the sake of hating us but there's nothing we can do about that.

My buddy is a Hawks fan too and believe me or not he's terrifyed that we got Miller and Vrbata, and at the thought of everyone having bounceback years.

So in short, we really improved our reputation. There will always be people who hate us for the sake of hating us but there's nothing we can do about that.

Exactly. He used to hate the Canucks but he respects Linden so it's a lesser hate. It's still going to be hell in our house when the Hawks play the Nucks. I like it that way. :P

Bruins, Kings, Flames, Oilers, and Hawks fans seem to hate the Canucks the most. I don't think the overall reputation around the league is that positive, but I would think trading Kesler and the new management would help. Of course the Sedins will always receive hate, but nothing you can do about that.

Bruins, Kings, Flames, Oilers, and Hawks fans seem to hate the Canucks the most. I don't think the overall reputation around the league is that positive, but I would think trading Kesler and the new management would help. Of course the Sedins will always receive hate, but nothing you can do about that.

Hmmm, The Sedins will always be hated you say...hated?

Those are strong words. Hated for being honest & respectful, gentleman... and almost saintly. Go figure? Well...looking back on those who were named saints from past history...I guess that's par for the course & to be expected, huh? Will their martyrdom be enough of a sacrifice for you?

And I suppose those players who are violent, dis-respectful, dirt-bag villians...these guys that keep doing the head-huntin' crap like demons...these are supposedly the players that people love...right? Hmmm.

I'm just wondering what alternate-universe you live in. :huh:

Sedins hated...good grief!! :o That's just so whacked!

I say love hockey & those who honor the game. Hate cruel actions & dirty deeds. Properly discipline the despicable cheap-shots artists, who have made this sort of behavior a habit ...eliminate the unnecessary violence from the game.. & reality-check a few of the league's most senior officials... do this, even in some small measure...and the Sedins rule - again.

I live in Edmonton, and the amount of trash I get every day for being a Canucks fan is over and above the tolerable limit. It seems as if Oilers fans are totally indulgent when it comes to making fun of the Canucks. I do get sick of it. However, when you try to talk to them and try to share your opinion, they blatantly bring up the "How many cups do you have?" question. A lousy organization with possibly the worst fans in the league.

When I used to live in Calgary 7 months ago, all my buds that were Lames fan would say that the Lames were better than Vancouver because they had actually WON SOMETHING. All I could brag about were our appearances in the SC Final, the President trophies, and the countless division titles. But they did admit that Feasted (;) was a crap GM and that the current Lames teams for the last few years also sucked.

They did respect the Sedins though (most of them) and thought that the current Canucks (of 7 months ago) were better than the Lames.

I live in Quebec and I always tell my friends and new people I am A DIE HARD CANUCKS FAN. My second team I root for for is MONTREAL.

During the playoffs I saw people here that would choose to cheer for any team that is not Habs.

I always thought that would be sacrilegious but the hate from years of being against one team and the build up far out weighs the general canadienness of a team.

When asked about the canucks they said good team but they don't really think about them as they are in the west. Sedins always mentioned as great players but.... and the but varies from one person to the next. Some names come up that were on teams out here... webber etc but generally they knew very little about them.

It is the same in BC when I was growing up there people knew other players but that was it, no allegiance to any particular team unless they were raised in a *insert team here* household.

The hate that I see is fueled by the broadcasters. out here TSN is stuck in a TORONTO first then east and anything west that can threaten the stability of the east rising is bad. Other then that the only animosity is from our fans that say stupid things that add to that thinking.. riots 2011. even though other sports have that in canada that was one of, if not the worst displays.

What i think is that if we start speaking more with positivity towards our team and get that message out then they will start to think differently too. Benning and Linden have been doing this lately but GMMG was closed off and didn't have the personality to help that cause.

Maybe it just me in my beer goggoled view that I think we the fans can have an influence on what others think.

"In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision."

I have some friends who are Flames, and Habs fans. I also have a buddy who is an Avs fan. The general consensus among them is that the Nucks are a couple of years away from contending, but headed in the right direction.

No real hatred towards the Canucks, but not much respect towards the Sedins.

The Flames fans get annoyed when I bring up the overtime goal in '89, and how Joel Otto kicked the puck in. :bigblush:

I have a friend that supports the Capitals and for some strange reason he hates the Canucks although he lives in Vancouver :lol:

Is he one of those people who has never been to the city for which the team plays in? I've seen so many of those so called RedWings fans (or whatever team fans) who have never been to Detroit and in all likeliness, will never go there in there lifetime. Not only that, they have no attachment whatsoever with the city of Detroit or the team.

I have seen some people that cheer for the team for which his father cheers for. For example, a guy cheers for the Canadiens because his father is a quebecois from Montreal. This, I understand. But when you have no attachment to the team in any way... how can you ever become a diehard fan?

Archived