The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bye bye Markstrom! [proposoal]

It has been reported that Markstrom had asked for a trade after the Nucks signed Miller. Apparently three teams are in the mix, and I think this teams are:

Winnipeg

NYI

Buffalo

Here is a proposal for each of the teams listed.

To WPG: Markstrom, Hansen, Higgins, 2015 2nd round pick.

To VAN: Evander Kane

- although Kane has some serious attitude problems, he is an exceptional YOUNG skilled player. I believe that every young player has some ishues and that he will straight them out. He may also be better playin for his hometown.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Kane Bonino Kassian - now that is a talented top 6

To NYI: Markstrom, Hansen, Burrows, 3rd round pick in 2015.

To Van: Griffin Reinhart.

Right now our future defence is a little shaky. We don't really have a #1-2 guy who can score and play big minutes. This also unloads a lot of cap space for us.

To BUF: Markstrom, 2nd round pick in 2015, Gaunce, Hansen.

To VAN: Myers.

Even eith his massive contract, he is the second tallest player in the NHL. It would make it harder for our opponents to walk in past our blue line. He also is a former 48 point player, maybe pairing him with Hamhuis or juice would give him some confidence. Elder could regain confidence playing with him. He is also a young player and has lots of room for improvement

That's pretty much it.

Who do think he 3 teams interested are?

What do you think about these proposals?

Cheers

Nucks for life!

You're missing virtanen in all those proposals.

not to mention, Winnipeg can only take on another goalie if they give away pavelec back.

also, go update yourself with the islanders goalies.

We are not trading Virtanen. Get over with it...

not to mention I think these proposal are quite legit.

also, I think the 3 teams interested are MIN, WIN, BUF/or NYI

- although Kane has some serious attitude problems, he is an exceptional YOUNG skilled player. I believe that every young player has some ishues and that he will straight them out. He may also be better playin for his hometown.

funny how it seems like you're trying to convince us to accept Kane. This is not nearly enough

If we get another top 6 player, we have a chance of getting out of a series against CHI IMO...

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Kane - Bonino - Kassian

Kassian is a top 6 player at this point, just Bonino needs to prove last yr wasn't a fluke...hell, we wouldn't be favourites certainly but we'd have a chance at LA...

It has been reported that Markstrom had asked for a trade after the Nucks signed Miller. Apparently three teams are in the mix, and I think this teams are:

Winnipeg

NYI

Buffalo

Here is a proposal for each of the teams listed.

To WPG: Markstrom, Hansen, Higgins, 2015 2nd round pick.

To VAN: Evander Kane

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Kane Bonino Kassian - now that is a talented top 6

To NYI: Markstrom, Hansen, Burrows, 3rd round pick in 2015.

To Van: Griffin Reinhart.

Right now our future defence is a little shaky. We don't really have a #1-2 guy who can score and play big minutes. This also unloads a lot of cap space for us.

To BUF: Markstrom, 2nd round pick in 2015, Gaunce, Hansen.

To VAN: Myers.

Even eith his massive contract, he is the second tallest player in the NHL. It would make it harder for our opponents to walk in past our blue line. He also is a former 48 point player, maybe pairing him with Hamhuis or juice would give him some confidence. Elder could regain confidence playing with him. He is also a young player and has lots of room for improvement

That's pretty much it.

Who do think he 3 teams interested are?

What do you think about these proposals?

Cheers

Nucks for life!

Winnipeg rejects.

NYI rejects.

Buffalo rejects.

If we get another top 6 player, we have a chance of getting out of a series against CHI IMO...

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Kane - Bonino - Kassian

Kassian is a top 6 player at this point, just Bonino needs to prove last yr wasn't a fluke...hell, we wouldn't be favourites certainly but we'd have a chance at LA...

Kane would complete our top six IMO.

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

E. Kane - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Burrows

Matthias - Vey - Dorsett

Sestito, Richardson

That's the type of team who if it's players have bounce back/breakout years, can go toe to toe with the big teams in the West. Swap Vrbata and Kassian around sometimes to even the size/skill out when going up against LA/Anaheim/Chicago.

We are not trading Virtanen. Get over with it...

not to mention I think these proposal are quite legit.

also, I think the 3 teams interested are MIN, WIN, BUF/or NYI

I know we aren't trading virtanen, bud. but the proposals are shit so we need to add a high value asset.

NYI doesn't have any interest because they have a starter, and an above average backup. Winnipeg can't take on another goalie without giving up one of their own.

I don't get it.

None of these proposals make any sense.

You can't just throw away all the pieces you don't want into a deal and make it work.

Quantity doesn't equal quality.

This isn't NHL 14 where you match your trade value bar against the other teams.

If we get any of those three players you better believe they want virtanen, horvat, or shinkaruk back.

Hansen and Burrows have NTCs. Burrows already declined.

Why would you want to trade Higgins? He has been our most consistant forward.

So umm your proposals wont even fly.

Nice try though.

Benning will figure it out, not worried. We already gave Luongo away.

IMO Markstrom will be dealt with a package of players, for likely 1 top 9 forward or a top 4 defense, or 2 good prospects. IMO we are not going to get a player like Kane or Johansen for Markstrom and whatever we add.

What do we have that can still be traded?

Burrows - No he said nil to being traded

Hansen - seems like we have plenty of guys who could take his spot

Higgins - best forward last year, but again plenty of guys that can do it to

Mathaias(spell?) - seems silly to trade him, but he's got no NTC and again there're plenty of players that could do what he does

Richardson - same as above

Hamhuis - pretty good value, but that would put us in a hole unless we get another top D back

I don't see any point of trading any prospect.. must emphasis ANY

BUT, perhaps this is not the year we compete against the LA, SJ, ANA, CHI of the west. Perhaps this year we simply participate and grow those prospects and get them in for experience value. Perhaps JB and the brain trust are truly rebuilding and plan to be a top team in 2016-17 and this year and next are stop gap measures. That's why we got players signed like Miller, Vrbata that only have contracts for 2- 3 years. Guys like Dorsett, and Bonino who could help the team during its growth but are certainly not core material.

I don't know, I'm rambling.

Trade Markstrom + Hansen (if he's open for a trade) for 2 - 3 good prospects I would say is our best bet.

Reminds me of the Raymond + Ballard proposals for Shea Weber. Go post this on HF boards and see the reaction. You aren't going to get quality back for a bunch of spare parts.

I would not do this because it will only cause your fellow Canucks fans grief as the thread becomes bait for trolls. HFboards is not a nice place.

I would not do this because it will only cause your fellow Canucks fans grief as the thread becomes bait for trolls. HFboards is not a nice place.

I concur but conversely the proposals here completely over value Canuck players and undervalue players on opposing teams. Like another poster said before me you won't get a star prospect or player for a B grade prospect and other 3rd line players who would also need to waive a NTC to allow the trade. Once a player has a NTC all bets are off as far as moving them in the future (as we've seen with Luongo, Kesler and Garrison recently).

The most realistic trade I can see happening now is Lack + Hansen to Winnipeg. Even then the return won't be anywhere close to Kane. Lack will be 30 years old by the time Miller's deal in Vancouver expires so he is hardly the goalie of the future now that we have Miller. Hansen's significant other is from Winnipeg and he spent time there during his playing days with the Moose so it should reason that he might be open to being traded there should he be asked.

What will these two players yield in return? Not much probably. It's a buyers market right now on goalies with Reimer, Brodeur, Thomas, etc. looking for work. I would think a 2nd round pick and a prospect in return at best.

I totally agree with all that these proposals are out to lunch. I agree with Canucks Prospect that the most we could get for Markstrom is a 2nd and a prospect. Also none of those teams are in the market for a goalie. Ottawa on the other hand with Anderson in the last year of his contract and Lehner who has not completely showed he is ready for the load of a starter may be in the market for Markstrom.

To Van

2nd 2015

Max McCormick LW

Alex Guptil LW

To Ott

Jacob Markstrom G

Ryan Stanton D

This give us most likely a early pick in the second round of a very deep draft as well as some prospect depth down the left side. Stanton is thrown in because with the signing of Weber and the developement of Corrado make him expendable and I think is also key in having McCormick coming back the other way.

Archived