Bloomstrand-Cassels-Grenier

Kenins-Lain-Labate

Hutton-Andersson

McNally-Subban

Cederholm-Tommernes

Eriksson

Cannata

Graduated: Jensen, Corrado.

In minors, other leagues: Virtanen, Mccaan, Tryamkin, Forsling, Demko.

Please feel free to abuse me in whatever manner you are most accustomed to. :)

Edit: Didn't realize Tryamkin was committed to the KHL for 2 years...there goes my monster Trymakin-Subban pairing. . . :sadno:

And yet there are no AHL-only signings, Canucks signings to help the Comets, can't account for trades or other players picked up as NCAA free agents. Kinda silly to predict a lineup at this point.

There are too many puckmovers on the backend. Need some more either two way dman or solid defensive dman. Cederholm and Andersson is not enough or that backend will be feasted upon.

Tommernes I think would be gone by then or up in the big club.

And yet there are no AHL-only signings, Canucks signings to help the Comets, can't account for trades or other players picked up as NCAA free agents. Kinda silly to predict a lineup at this point.

Silly, yes...but also very entertaining. Bunch of us grown men bantering about hockey in July...of course that's silly, elvis. How is this topic any sillier than any other topic?

Nice OP, Glory_Days...you a Springsteen fan? IMO, greatest album of all time: Born to Run.

At first I thought this would be a thread for this upcoming season, why predict 15-16??? So much can change from now until then.

This year will be far more exciting than last that is for certain.

Shinkaruk, Fox, Gaunce joining the team while not really losing any prospects other than possibly Corrado and Jensen.

Silly, yes...but also very entertaining. Bunch of us grown men bantering about hockey in July...of course that's silly, elvis. How is this topic any sillier than any other topic?

Nice OP, Glory_Days...you a Springsteen fan? IMO, greatest album of all time: Born to Run.

For next year,? Sure, go ahead, a lot less question marks. Two years from now though? That's a bit of a stretch and maybe, just maybe, we can see how this year plays out.

Assuming Horvat spends the 2014-2015 season in the OHL, I'd hope he gets a shot at cracking the big league in 2016. If the Canucks want to contend in 3-5 years, they'll have to get these kids into the NHL sooner rather than later so they can gain some proper experience, particularly in the playoffs.

When you look at the kids in Chicago, Los Angeles and Pittsburgh they were thrown into the fire, but made the playoffs in their first couple of years before gaining enough big-game experience to help carry their teams to Cups in their 3rd or 4th Cup run. To do that, we need our players up in the mix from an earlier stage.

I expect Shinkaruk to make the team in 2015-2016 if not next season as he's a winger and was the last forward cut in the last training camp. Horvat, as a center, may take an extra year to develop but both of them should be in Canuck sweaters by the 2015-2016 season so that they can go through a couple of failed playoff runs before they gain enough big-game experience to help put together a big run a couple of years later (their 3rd season in the NHL)

Matthias and Richardson's deals expire soon and they could both be replaced by Horvat, Vey and/or Gaunce (although I'd like to keep Matthias). Here's how I'd like our Canucks roster to fill out over the next couple of seasons:

2014-2015

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Kassian - Bonino - Higgins

Hansen - Matthias - Jensen

Burrows - Richardson - Dorsett

2015-2016

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Kassian - Bonino - Shinkaruk

Hansen - Horvat - Jensen

Higgins - Matthias - Vey

2016-2017

Kassian - ? - Shinkaruk

Jensen - Horvat - Bonino

Sedin - Sedin - Matthias

Virtanen - Gaunce - ?

Assuming Horvat spends the 2014-2015 season in the OHL, I'd hope he gets a shot at cracking the big league in 2016. If the Canucks want to contend in 3-5 years, they'll have to get these kids into the NHL sooner rather than later so they can gain some proper experience, particularly in the playoffs.

When you look at the kids in Chicago, Los Angeles and Pittsburgh they were thrown into the fire, but made the playoffs in their first couple of years before gaining enough big-game experience to help carry their teams to Cups in their 3rd or 4th Cup run. To do that, we need our players up in the mix from an earlier stage.

I expect Shinkaruk to make the team in 2015-2016 if not next season as he's a winger and was the last forward cut in the last training camp. Horvat, as a center, may take an extra year to develop but both of them should be in Canuck sweaters by the 2015-2016 season so that they can go through a couple of failed playoff runs before they gain enough big-game experience to help put together a big run a couple of years later (their 3rd season in the NHL)

Matthias and Richardson's deals expire soon and they could both be replaced by Horvat, Vey and/or Gaunce (although I'd like to keep Matthias). Here's how I'd like our Canucks roster to fill out over the next couple of seasons:

2014-2015

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

2015-2016

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Hansen - Horvat - Jensen

Higgins - Matthias - Vey

2016-2017

Kassian - ? - Shinkaruk

Jensen - Horvat - Bonino

Sedin - Sedin - Matthias

Virtanen - Gaunce - ?

Wat

2014-2015

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

2015-2016

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Hansen - Horvat - Jensen

Higgins - Matthias - Vey

2016-2017

Kassian - ? - Shinkaruk

Jensen - Horvat - Bonino

Sedin - Sedin - Matthias

Virtanen - Gaunce - ?

Your missing McCann -- might help fill out one of the "?"s, or at least reshuffle things.

• 1 year later...

Archived