The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) Mike Green willing to get traded to the Sharks or Red Wings

Too injured prone and not the same player as a few years ago... Having said that I think he could command a 1st+roster player+prospect.

Considering what we got for Kesler, it would have to be a really average roster player andaverage prospect at the max.

I think he would fetch a return closer to Spezza....which is a 2nd + a fews average roster players/prospect.

I wouldn't offer a thing for him really. To many injuries playing in the east, to inconsistent lately.

Much rather take a flyer on an upcoming PMD on an ELC. Could be pried from a team that has one for probably less than the price of one Green

Raymond, Ballard and a 2nd.

Er sorry.

Booth, Garrison, 3rd.

Damn I suck at this.

How about "I really like Mike Green but I don't like Mike Green's contract so let someone else have him".

He was only truly great when he had Schultzy backing him up and he could do his thing. Kinda like Edler - Ehrhoff. Then that 'pair' got broken up and they both became kind of average.

So get Schultz from LA and there's a winning arrangement.

I was reading an article recently on washington's defensemen and it turns out advanced stats are in Green's favour and he actually drives play considerably more than Alzner or Carlson. He would be a great addition to Detroit or San Jose.

Bonino, Sbisa, Hansen

You are a lunatic if you would give that up for Green.

3rd round pick and a B prospect. I don't care if the general consensus is that he's worth more, that's just what I would offer if MacLellan called and said the Canucks were the only team he would want to play for. 6 million on the cap, and UFA after this season.

I found him entertaining early on with the Caps, but lately he has been very meh.

Archived