The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is the most underrated prospect on the canucks?

Rex425

Surprised Fox hasn't been mentioned much, hes been a penalty and goal scoring machine... Also If PK Subban can be an allstar defenceman, why cant lil bro Jordan Subban be the same in a few years?

Cause Jordan is like 3-4 inches shorter and like 40 pounds lighter

I would say Grenier hands down.

Super late bloomer, wasn't even ranked and appeared to be a huge gamble in the third round. I wasn't even expecting him to stick in the AHL yet he was third on the Comets in scoring and was very consistent the first 3/4 of the season (slowed down at the end, but didn't completely fall off the earth). In fact he had 18 more points than Jensen. Big difference is Jensen got hot at the right time and earned a call-up, plus Grenier had a few things to work out in his game. Apparently he is pretty good defensively but his game overall is a bit raw.

Strong rookie numbers and a 6'5 frame yet nobody ever talks about him.

Ben Hutton is my number two pick. A lot of fans know how good he is at the same time he doesn't get much attention.

Third pick is Joacim Eriksson. One of the bright spots on Utica and absolutely dominant in Sweden. I expect big things from him next year.

Honourable mention goes to Brendan Gaunce.

Has to be Jared McCaan. In a weak draft, people wanted a more "sexier" pick, but many believe that McCaan underachieved in terms of points, and who knows, what he can bring to the table. He has lots of tools, including top speed, great hands, and a great shot, and he's also plays a two-way game. Also, rated really high on hockey IQ. This guy, could be better and more useful than Bo Horvat, the guy we've been praising about, as the savior.

At the time, of the pick, 9/10 people, were against the McCaan pick. With the tools he has, and he's showing them at the prospect camp, dude really might have underachieved. Could see him being a legitimate elite prospect next year.

Has to be Jared McCaan. In a weak draft, people wanted a more "sexier" pick, but many believe that McCaan underachieved in terms of points, and who knows, what he can bring to the table. He has lots of tools, including top speed, great hands, and a great shot, and he's also plays a two-way game. Also, rated really high on hockey IQ. This guy, could be better and more useful than Bo Horvat, the guy we've been praising about, as the savior.

At the time, of the pick, 9/10 people, were against the McCaan pick. With the tools he has, and he's showing them at the prospect camp, dude really might have underachieved. Could see him being a legitimate elite prospect next year.

Who did you poll for that 9/10. I was literally on the edge of my seat hoping we would pick him.

Archived