The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bo Horvat next season

Canuckler87

Was listening to the Team 1040 , and an interview with Bo Horvat was on. Kid seems very polite and mature for his age. They asked him if there was anything more for him to learn in junior and he humbly said that there is always something new to learn and improve on. It's pretty clear he wants to be up with the big club though (obviously)

There was a discussion on what would be best for him next season. JB has a plan to run all four lines, so even on the forth line Bo could average 10-15 minutes a game. It's not like with Torts where he would be sitting on the bench with cobwebs on his equipment.

He seemed kind of sad about the change in of management. But that's understandable, he is after all Gillis' guy having been drafted by him. Im sure Gillis would've loved to give this guy every opportunity to succeed in order to make the Cory trade look respectable to the fans that hate him for it.

I agree with what one person said on the Team with regards to Bo; give him a every chance to make the team. Wait till a few games, if he's REALLY out of place, send him back. Otherwise, keep him and let him go through the painful rookie learning process. By December, loan him to the Canadian Junior Team. Then make a decision whether to send him to junior for half a year or keep him with the Canucks.

I feel this would be an adequate way to go about it next season with Bo. Patience is key. Expecting big things from this kid eventually, but not necessarily next season.

Why couldnt you post this in Horvat talk in prospects section?

Benning has said if a player is good enough to help our team win he will make room for them, if horvat earns a spot or outplays someone higher on the depth chart he will get that spot, I expect bo to get the 9 game audition or at least a few, time will tell, but he will have every opportunity to make the team

We have a lot of guys who can play bottom-six centre, so my assumption is that unless Bo absolutely brings it and impresses a lot, he'll get his 9 games and end up back in London.

He has every opportunity to make the big team with Benning as GM and Desjardins as coach, though.

I'd love for him to be so good they can't send him back to junior.

I am in favour of what I think Benning is saying. In this case give Bo a chance (a few exhibition games) then send him back for a final year in Junior and the following year in the AHL. If we can afford to wait 2 more years for him to join the Canucks on a fulltime basis (assuming he earns a spot) that will ultimately be the best thing for his development.

Your suggestion that Bo plays in the NHL and then joins Canada's world junior team sounds like a good possibility as well.

Guest Dasein

Was listening to the Team 1040 , and an interview with Bo Horvat was on. Kid seems very polite and mature for his age. They asked him if there was anything more for him to learn in junior and he humbly said that there is always something new to learn and improve on. It's pretty clear he wants to be up with the big club though (obviously)

There was a discussion on what would be best for him next season. JB has a plan to run all four lines, so even on the forth line Bo could average 10-15 minutes a game. It's not like with Torts where he would be sitting on the bench with cobwebs on his equipment.

He seemed kind of sad about the change in of management. But that's understandable, he is after all Gillis' guy having been drafted by him. Im sure Gillis would've loved to give this guy every opportunity to succeed in order to make the Cory trade look respectable to the fans that hate him for it.

I agree with what one person said on the Team with regards to Bo; give him a every chance to make the team. Wait till a few games, if he's REALLY out of place, send him back. Otherwise, keep him and let him go through the painful rookie learning process. By December, loan him to the Canadian Junior Team. Then make a decision whether to send him to junior for half a year or keep him with the Canucks.

I feel this would be an adequate way to go about it next season with Bo. Patience is key. Expecting big things from this kid eventually, but not necessarily next season.

Why is this the adequate way to go with Bo, but not any of our other prospects? Bo is not getting any special treatments.

He should be given just as much an opportunity as everybody else to make the team.

If he's not good enough, send him back right away. If he is good enough, keep him. Simple.

I am in favour of what I think Benning is saying. In this case give Bo a chance (a few exhibition games) then send him back for a final year in Junior and the following year in the AHL. If we can afford to wait 2 more years for him to join the Canucks on a fulltime basis (assuming he earns a spot) that will ultimately be the best thing for his development.

Your suggestion that Bo plays in the NHL and then joins Canada's world junior team sounds like a good possibility as well.

It really does look like Benning has added depth so that Horvat can develop another year in the OHL.

If he can beat those competition as a 19 year old, good for him and good for us.

I would say Bo instead of our other top prospects because he seems the most NHL ready of them all. Shinkaruck had an injury filled season, he definitely needs another year of junior to get his groove. Meanwhile, it would be a shock to see Virtanen suit up for us from the start of the season. Ditto for McCann. Jensen is the only other top prospect we have besides Horvat that can come up and make a difference. Gaunce isn't ready either.

He looks solid but is not ready for the NHL. They should let him develop.

Why is this the adequate way to go with Bo, but not any of our other prospects? Bo is not getting any special treatments.

He should be given just as much an opportunity as everybody else to make the team.

If he's not good enough, send him back right away. If he is good enough, keep him. Simple.

It really does look like Benning has added depth so that Horvat can develop another year in the OHL.

If he can beat those competition as a 19 year old, good for him and good for us.

Maybe that's because he looks the most "NHL" ready then all of our prospects with the exception of Shinkaruk, Hutton, etc..

Maybe that's because he looks the most "NHL" ready then all of our prospects with the exception of Shinkaruk, Hutton, etc..

Well if he is actually NHL ready, then he'll be able to prove it in camp. Like our other prospects. I don't understand the idea of forcing him here if he's not, and having a spot reserved for him that is his to lose. Like everyone, he's there to win his spot. I don't personally think he's up to the task of cracking the roster yet, but if he has a great camp, all the power to him.

If he's ready to make the jump he'll stick with the team, if he's not he'll be heading back to junior and he'll likely have a fantastic season. There's still room for him to grow his offensive game in junior, and it'd be preferable to burning off a year of his ELC having him face a steep learning curve he might not have to face if he had another year's experience under his belt. You could argue both ways, but I think he'll end up back in junior.

He won't get special treatment, none of the young guys will. It's why Benning's got some forward depth to insulate our prospects until they're ready to make the jump. And if they do, he'll make room for them to stick around.

I would say Bo instead of our other top prospects because he seems the most NHL ready of them all. Shinkaruck had an injury filled season, he definitely needs another year of junior to get his groove. Meanwhile, it would be a shock to see Virtanen suit up for us from the start of the season. Ditto for McCann. Jensen is the only other top prospect we have besides Horvat that can come up and make a difference. Gaunce isn't ready either.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Shinkaruk makes the team out of camp. He seems to have that fire and determination that great players usually have.

Guest Dasein

If he's the most NHL-ready of them all, then why does he even need that special treatment to make the NHL?

The kid needs to straight up make the team just like everyone else IMO. Even if he's the most NHL-ready, if he isn't ready, he isn't ready. Either he makes the team with the same chance everybody gets, or he doesn't make the team.

Guest Dasein

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Shinkaruk makes the team out of camp. He seems to have that fire and determination that great players usually have.

But he doesn't have the conditioning.

He'll need at least a year to develop.

Archived