The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

apple vs Android vs windows vs blackberry. which is the best?

banana republic

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Which do u think is the best and why?

If Android which company Samsung, Sony, google. Lg, HTC ect... Do u prefer.

Personally Android for me because it is easily to understand. my friend grandma knows how to use Android on her note 3. Not to mention the price is better especially considering what hardware is included. I used to be an apple person but been converted and will not go back to apple.

I will be honest I have never had a blackberry or Windows anything unless on my desktop.so I am not familiar with it enough to comment.

Phones I like Sony newer ones.

Tablets I like nexus (google).

Discuss away guys.

Android for me. Apple is great for J6P that just wants something that works with very little thought involvement from them. Android is better for it's versatility and people who will take advantage of that. They are after different parts of of a larger market IMO.

Phones - Sony

Tablet - Samsung

Windows is late to the party IMO.

Blackberry is :lol:

I have a Samsung Android (Note). It's kind of big but I really like it. It's also the only phone I've ever had so I can't really compare it or create an informed opinion.

But I do have lots of friends who have gone from an iPhone to an Android and they say Android is better.

Not arguing with whoever reply's to this post because I simply don't care and I'm stating my opinion. Not touching a phone war with a 10ft pole.

I like the iPhone a lot, and whenever I try other phones I hate them. I had the S3 for a month and absolutely hated the phone. I feel like it's just the go to phone for Apple haters. Although, I haven't tried the S4 S5 or S6 or whatever they're at now.

Blackberry, just LOL.

I heard Nexus is good. My friend has it and it's definitely a neat phone. No experience with the Windows phone.

I vote Iphone, and if you dont like iPhone then get Nexus.

You need to pick the OS best suited for you and what you want to do with the phone.

I personally have a BlackBerry Z30 and it does everything I need it to do, quickly and efficiently. I think BlackBerry 10 is underrated because of reputation. Apps are not an issue since I don't need many of the apps available (and if I do need them, I have access to the Google Play Store and the Amazon App Store but as of right now, I'm not running any Android Apps).

I have never had any issue with the 2 BB phones I have used the past 8 years.

But alas, I've lost faith in them as a company since they dropped support on their PlayBook.

My next phone is already in the works through the company I work for - Samsung Galaxy S5.

I doubt it will last 5 years like my 1st BB, but the wife had a S2 and had no issues and just upgraded last Christmas to a S4 and loves it.

Won't touch Apple due to my stubborn unwillingness due in part to how they became a company.

Android is a far superior OS, when something is easier to use than the other options and just as effective it's better..

Having said that, Iphones are by far the best phones i've ever had. They are more durable than most, the phones themselves perform endlessly and they have a nice clean design. Plus they are still doing it right with their phones, smaller is better. Oddly I have Mac computers and will never go back to Windows, but I absolutely loathe Apple OS on a phone. Too restrictive and annoying for what you actually get.

The worst phones i've seen are Samsung. My S3 almost never worked properly, my parents S4 and Note are complete garbage.

Blackberry doesn't support a lot of things I like to have on my phone.

So to sum it up I guess, the best phone is an Iphone with Android.

Android. HATE Itunes more than any other program I've ever used,, to the point where I won't even consider buying an Apple product. Much prefer being able to manage files directly in windows explorer. Customization is really important, which is way easier on a rooted android. SD card is absolutely essential for me.

For phones, I like Samsung; they hold their value pretty well so it's an easy upgrade to the next model, and I find most other models underpowered/difficult to find adequate cases for, or don't have SD card slots.

My tablet is a Nexus 7 which I'm really happy with; great device for the price.

Android. HATE Itunes more than any other program I've ever used,, to the point where I won't even consider buying an Apple product. Much prefer being able to manage files directly in windows explorer. Customization is really important, which is way easier on a rooted android. SD card is absolutely essential for me.

For phones, I like Samsung; they hold their value pretty well so it's an easy upgrade to the next model, and I find most other models underpowered/difficult to find adequate cases for, or don't have SD card slots.

My tablet is a Nexus 7 which I'm really happy with; great device for the price.

2012 or 2013

I have the same tablet although 32gb with lte in the 2013 version.

Just curious and Ya it definitely the best tablet for that price.

One note because Android has so many companies using the OS although with their own twist. There is more pressure to come our with better specs and hardware.

For apple people who might be interested in an Android but hate anything more then 5inch

I recommend a Z1 compact which is 4.3inches. Remember though the z2 has just been released and within the next few months a z2 compact might be released. 3x better camera, 50% better battery, 2X as fast, and has a SD card.

IPhone 6, 6c and 6s is rumoured to be around the 4.7inch-6ish inch screen depending on the modern. So apple people better get used to bigger phones.

The different from a 5s to most android phones is one inch taller and half a inch wider and like. 1/3 inch thicker is not alot and u will get used to it.

Just my 2cents

Go for a phone that best suits ur needs

Android is a far superior OS, when something is easier to use than the other options and just as effective it's better..

Having said that, Iphones are by far the best phones i've ever ead. They are more durable than most, the phones themselves perform endlessly and they have a nice clean design. Plus they are still doing it right with their phones, smaller is better. Oddly I have Mac computers and will never go back to Windows, but I absolutely loathe Apple OS on a phone. Too restrictive and annoying for what you actually get.

The worst phones i've seen are Samsung. My S3 almost never worked properly, my parents S4 and Note are complete garbage.

Blackberry doesn't support a lot of things I like to have on my phone.

So to sum it up I guess, the best phone is an Iphone with Android.

My daughter is on her 3rd iphoney in 4 years - how is that "durable'?

My daughter is on her 3rd iphoney in 4 years - how is that "durable'?

Most people I know agree Iphones are built better than other phones, and thus usually last longer. I assure you I am harder on any phone than your daughter would be and my iphones never missed a beat. I expect to be able to take my cell with me wherever I am going, unless there is water involved, and have zero issues. My iphones endured 230 days of hard skiing, plus all my days of dowhill MTB and job sites for 6 years. Both of them still work...

My samsung literally broke in half in my pocket the first day at work, replaced and broke again, replaced and now I don't take a phone to work. Not 1 of them ever worked properly out of the box. So yeah, Iphone is "more" durable in my books.

These questions will never give you a strict answer. I had been with apple since the iphone came out but recently switched to Samsung s3 due to my iPhone randomly crashing and not having an internet connection I couldn't restore it. After researching how Android would be to deal with in an event like that I immediately went and bought my Samsung on days off. If iTunes wasn't the worst invention ever I'd still be with apple.

Most people I know agree Iphones are built better than other phones, and thus usually last longer. I assure you I am harder on any phone than your daughter would be and my iphones never missed a beat. I expect to be able to take my cell with me wherever I am going, unless there is water involved, and have zero issues. My iphones endured 230 days of hard skiing, plus all my days of dowhill MTB and job sites for 6 years. Both of them still work...

My samsung literally broke in half in my pocket the first day at work, replaced and broke again, replaced and now I don't take a phone to work. Not 1 of them ever worked properly out of the box. So yeah, Iphone is "more" durable in my books.

FTFY: Most "Apple" lovers agree iphones are built better than other phones.

We have an Apple lover at work, he likes his iphone but has it replaced every 2 years as it just doesn't stand up.

He's an Unix Admin like myself - so a techie - he likes it not because it's "better" but because it's from Apple.

Last one fell out of his backpack whilst mountain biking - no more phone.

My son's Rugby fell out of his pocket when he was riding his bike down the road - didn't even get a scratch - and yeah, he's lucky that it's first impact wasn't on the screen side.

My daughter's a waitress and a snow boarder - if you are harder on your phone than she is, why does she have to replace it so often?

Would a Samsung fair any better with her? I doubt it.

Point is, all these phones are mass produced using the cheapest parts as possible to stay competitive.

Been using Android since the Samsung S1. Currently using a Samsung S4. Never had a cracked screen or needed any repair on a phone. Yes I have dropped them a few times but a scratched edge or scuff has been the only results. I have never really used an Apple phone but seriously, they all do the same things, they all cost roughly the same amount, does it really matter?

These stories are everywhere: "had a Samsung and it broke every time i touched it" "Had an iPhone and it caught fire every time I looked at it" etc etc. The average person can own and operate these phones easily for years without them breaking so shut the hell up.

Also have a couple android tablets. Newish Samsung and old cheap Acer. That Acer cost next to nothing and keeps plugging along.

Google does Not licence their Android OS to make money. Yes, it does make money but that is not their main goal with it. They see Apple as their direct competition in the future of tech. Interactive hardware and software. Apple makes the vast majority of its huge profits in Phone sales. If Google can reduce those profits in a dramatic way they will gain a competitive advantage in all other areas. That is their goal. If the hand held phone was reduced to a profitless appliance level item that would be a huge win for them. And for the consumer who would be getting the best phones for basically the cost to make them plus a few bucks rather than the current model of paying over $600 for a item that cost $140 to make.

Archived