The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC Kontinental Haxball League (Season 3.5)

Likewise

Fed clearly lagged, yet he continued toward the goal and scored.

Fed didn't stop moving until after BHB was already well past him, though. Check 16:00 of the game footage. There was no way for BHB to know that Fed didn't just mess up when he got stripped of the ball because he went right in pursuit of BHB as soon as it happened.

Fed clearly lagged, yet he continued toward the goal and scored.

I could understand being upset over what BHB did in a tight playoff game, but you guys were winning 7-1 at the time. Is it really worth making a fuss about it? Like VIC said, he may not have even realized that Fed was lagging.

Fed didn't stop moving until after BHB was already well past him, though. Check 16:00 of the game footage. There was no way for BHB to know that Fed didn't just mess up when he got stripped of the ball because he went right in pursuit of BHB as soon as it happened.

He had tons of time between him and the net to realize Fed lagged, Fed even said he lagged and I said class it.

I could understand being upset over what BHB did in a tight playoff game, but you guys were winning 7-1 at the time. Is it really worth making a fuss about it? Like VIC said, he may not have even realized that Fed was lagging.

So losing automatically gives you the right to be classless?

He had tons of time between him and the net to realize Fed lagged, Fed even said he lagged and I said class it.

So losing automatically gives you the right to be classless?

Realize how? It looked like a whiff on his pass to me. I'll take Federer at his word that it was lag that caused the whiff, but if we allow anyone who messes up to claim it was lag to disallow a goal then it'll be way too open to abuse. This isn't a case where Federer had clearly been motionless for a couple seconds and BHB blew right by him. He had lag that caused him to be stripped.

So a new player making a mistake gives you the right to be a prick?

Not being a prick, just pointing out that players should be classy.

Realize how? It looked like a whiff on his pass to me. I'll take Federer at his word that it was lag that caused the whiff, but if we allow anyone who messes up to claim it was lag to disallow a goal then it'll be way too open to abuse. This isn't a case where Federer had clearly been motionless for a couple seconds and BHB blew right by him. He had lag that caused him to be stripped.

You and I and both know Fed does not whiff.

What did I do?

Edit: I actually had no idea what I did until I read it right now.

I'm sorry if I did something wrong.

Don't even worry, in my eyes you did nothing wrong.

Ryp, I don't understand what the big deal is, the play was ambiguous at the time, and BHB was doing his due diligence as our opponents. In real time, it looked like he had straight up missed the ball.

Not being a prick, just pointing out that players should be classy.

You and I and both know Fed does not whiff.

I don't know the players well enough to know who does and doesn't whiff. I know I've seen some vets that are usually good mess up some simple plays before, though. I certainly could see myself misplaying the ball in that situation. I honestly don't think BHB did anything wrong there, just bad luck that Federer had some momentary lag. If he had been clearly motionless before BHB went past him, then you might have a case.

What has me even more flabbergasted is that the goal Otis scored in the prior game was way worse, and the lag was way more apparent, yet you kept a calm demeanor. BHB does the same in a ambiguous play with a 7-1 lead and you go nuts.

I don't get it.

What has me even more flabbergasted is that the goal Otis scored in the prior game was way worse, and the lag was way more apparent, yet you kept a calm demeanor. BHB does the same in a ambiguous play with a 7-1 lead and you go nuts.

I don't get it.

Otis had much less time to realise I lagged than BHB had. I talked to him after the game, he told me he panicked 'cause he's never had a wide open net before.

Well he couldn't have been motionless 'cause the lag caused him to slip off the ball.

I'm saying it would be clear cut if Federer had obviously been immobilized by lag. Instead it was a slight stutter that didn't show on anyone's screen but his.

We can't exactly stop playing every time someone says they made a mistake due to lag. I'm not saying Federer was lying, but that's a crappy precedent to set because it's so easy to abuse.

Archived