Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nooks

Canucks Development Camp UBC Thunderbird Arena.

21 posts in this topic

thanks for the report.... too bad Virtanen is injured I would have liked to see him there to see where he sits in comparison with Horvat and Shinkaruk

Thanks for this. Really appreciate that you took the time to describe how the development camp went for all the prospects.

Very cool, one of these years if love to attend some of these sessions.

McKeneny looked very similar to Cedarholm which is a good thing. Same build and look at about the same place in their development. Didn't have a good look at Petit or Stewart. Virtanen was there too, got to talk to him for a while, kid handles himself with class and looked pretty involved even though he wasn't on the ice. I believe there is one more session tomorrow morning. If I go I'll watch those guys more closely.

DAMMIT!! I was at UBC all day... I wish I could've checked them out myself

9:30AM tomorrow and they are doing 4 on 4.

Is it open to the public?

Yeah, Willie, Trevor and Jim were all there as well and pretty accessible I was surprised

#firstnamebasis

9:30AM tomorrow and they are doing 4 on 4.

Do you know which rink it's at?

They were in Father David Bauer arena today. I assume no change for tomorrow.

Any word on Kyle Pettit , Evan McEneny and Mackenzie Stewart?

Pretty sure I read somewhere Pettit is invited to camp but didn't participate in any drills as he and Virtanen are the only Canucks prospect injured and nursing their injuries during the camp.

I like your report on Hutton, won't do too much **** but nothing negative will happen.

Thanks for the report and interesting to hear about Shinkaruk. This guy has so much desire that he might just push his way onto the roster this year, cardio issues or not.

Thanks for the report and interesting to hear about Shinkaruk. This guy has so much desire that he might just push his way onto the roster this year, cardio issues or not.

He still has 2 months to do cardio. I think the issue was that he couldn't do major cardio until he was medically cleared. A lot can happen in 2 months!

Keep him in Vancouver for another month and have him do the Grouse Grind two or three times a week! ::D

Petit is out and has been all of the development camp (probably why I didnt notice him yesterday). Gaunce looked strong in the 4v4 today and had 3 goals I believe. Stewart and McEneny also really seemed to stand out to me today. More good stuff from Shinkaruk but wasnt as impressive as yesterday. Bo had a few nice plays including one where he almost split the D coming across the blueline. Hutton looked much better today in a game situation. I believe the entire 4v4 was filmed so hopefully CDC will post a video.

Would love to hear how others felt our prospects looked from anyone else there today.

I was at the camp on Tuesday and I heard Benning say that the only thing he didn't like about Demko was his balance when sliding.