The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teacher Tiffany Leiseth Accused Of Having Sex With 2 Students

babych

I think she definitely deserves to lose her job and maybe a fine but beyond that I think it would be overkill. Regardless of the charges being dropped or not she has already screwed her career and not to mention what her family and friends think of her. I just love it when the boys are called the "victims" in these situations. They probably enjoyed themselves more than she did and didn't hesitate to think of the consequences of sleeping with their teacher, even if it was right before graduation. Their names should be dragged through the mud just as much as hers as hers in my opinion.

Wut's the matter with these two 18 year old boys? If it were me, and I was still 18, I would have kept my mouth shut and gone back for more. I would have considered it a nice graduation gift that kept giving.

You do know how most idiotic guys are right? They think they need to talk about every little sexual encounter. It has something to do with their ego or something. My old friend was the same way, and I could not stand it. Like hell I was sharing any of that kind of info with him, or anybody!

They are consenting adults, she is only a substitute and the school year is over, so she couldn't have negatively effected their grades if they didn't do it. Plus shes hot and only 26. Definitely and overreaction by the police.

Man, if i had a 26 year old teacher that actually looked good and wanted to have sex with me while i was 18, i would keep coming back for more! Not report it to the cops lol

Overreaction by the po po's. And an idiot move by the 18's.

Hmm.. regardless of whether or not she gets fired, her life will be ruined by the media and stigma. Years ago, classmates reported our old elementary school teacher for inappropriate touches. His wife divorced him and he was banned from teaching minors even though he was acquitted.

Man, if i had a 26 year old teacher that actually looked good and wanted to have sex with me while i was 18, i would keep coming back for more! Not report it to the cops lol

Try reading the article. You wont sound so dumb.

To further the point, if alcohol was involved there can be doubt cast on whether or not the 2 male victims actually gave consent.

The double standard between men and women in sexual assualt cases really burns me up.

This ^

I have no problem agreeing with you guys, as long as you can freely admit that its ok for a male teacher to have sex with his female students as long as they are 18.

I'll ok that. If its consistent...

And where were all this stuff when i was in highschool?

On a serious note, alcohol should not have been given.

Technically they are 18, but there is still an issue with the balance of power.

Try reading the article. You wont sound so dumb.

The only thing she did illegally, was gave alcohol to minors.

Other than that, she violated her job, not the law.

Did she tricked the students? Did she kidnapped them in?

They weren't lured in, they gladly entered.

Btw, what's wrong with having a fantasy of me being 18 and having sex with good looking young teacher?

Btw, what's wrong with having a fantasy of me being 18 and having sex with good looking young teacher?

Who's talking about what she did? Do you remember what you said?

They never reported it to the cops. The cops came to them asking questions. They told them what happened. If they had lied, they would be facing charges themselves.

So not an idiot move by the 18s. A smart move

Actually, the issue (other than the alcohol) is that the students had not yet graduated. Even though regular classes had ended the school term was not yet over and so the teacher-student relationship was still in effect.

If she had waited 3 - 4 weeks it's probably a non-issue.

Also, the fact that the incidents occurred within hours of the end of regular classes makes me think that there was something more going on (some sort of grooming, etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if more inappropriate behavior on the teacher's part is revealed during the investigation.

It happened after school the last day of classes so she was technically no longer they're teacher, they're 18 so they were probably in grade 12 and would have graduated already meaning they were no longer students, and they're all consenting adults.

If the school system works there like it does in BC, after the last day of classes they'd have final exams for a week or 2, so they'd technically still be in the system until the end of the school year on June 29th or whatever day. If that's the case I can see why it's wrong. Now if they'd waited until July when everything was officially over, it's fair game.

If the school system works there like it does in BC, after the last day of classes they'd have final exams for a week or 2, so they'd technically still be in the system until the end of the school year on June 29th or whatever day. If that's the case I can see why it's wrong. Now if they'd waited until July when everything was officially over, it's fair game.

Even though the graduation ceremony, diploma receiving, yada yada, is a couple weeks before the end of classes?

Even though the graduation ceremony, diploma receiving, yada yada, is a couple weeks before the end of classes?

I think so. Most school boards dictate that the student-teacher relationship exists until the actual end of the school term.

Archived