The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teacher Tiffany Leiseth Accused Of Having Sex With 2 Students

babych

Why does this happen so much in this day and age. Back when I was in school 20 years ago this simply never, ever happened. Totally wrong but still if it happened to me, I wouldn't complain about it at all. Gotta take it how you can get it. No mention in the story of who exactly did the wooing and courtship. Was it all the teacher or combination of both teacher and 2 students. Quite the graduation gift the teacher gave her 2 students. Does make me wonder if sex tapes exist.

No problem with this. There consenting adults.

If she was not a teacher, then yes. But the law is clear, there is no consent argument for those in positions of trust--teacher and student sexual relations are forbidden. Sad part, if this was a guy with two girls. I think the law should apply without regard.

Why does this happen so much in this day and age. Back when I was in school 20 years ago this simply never, ever happened. Totally wrong but still if it happened to me, I wouldn't complain about it at all. Gotta take it how you can get it. No mention in the story of who exactly did the wooing and courtship. Was it all the teacher or combination of both teacher and 2 students. Quite the graduation gift the teacher gave her 2 students. Does make me wonder if sex tapes exist.

Maybe it did happen, but now there is so much physical evidence lying around it's easier to find. ie, sending nude texts to someone is not very discrete...

Actually, the issue (other than the alcohol) is that the students had not yet graduated. Even though regular classes had ended the school term was not yet over and so the teacher-student relationship was still in effect.

If she had waited 3 - 4 weeks it's probably a non-issue.

Also, the fact that the incidents occurred within hours of the end of regular classes makes me think that there was something more going on (some sort of grooming, etc).

I wouldn't be surprised if more inappropriate behavior on the teacher's part is revealed during the investigation.

As I mentioned earlier, this was her biggest mistake. I'm sure Pennsylvania teachers have their own regulations for entering relationships with past students, and to do it right around graduation probably meant she broke some rules.

In BC teachers are told to wait out the summer before doing anything. It removes any immediate suspicions.

This ^

I have no problem agreeing with you guys, as long as you can freely admit that its ok for a male teacher to have sex with his female students as long as they are 18.

One of the High School gym teachers I had married one of his students right after she graduated. A bit shady looking but no one seemed to care he still teaches there.

Archived