The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teacher Tiffany Leiseth Accused Of Having Sex With 2 Students

babych

It happened after school the last day of classes so she was technically no longer they're teacher, they're 18 so they were probably in grade 12 and would have graduated already meaning they were no longer students, and they're all consenting adults.

It was the last day of classes,....but maybe before exams. She was a substitute teacher to these "good" fellas., soooo had the regular teacher been gone for days, months, or what? Were all of the marks in? Maybe this was some unique payola for a pass or an upgrade? Dig deeper....I think, there may be a little more to this story. Her conduct during school hours, while working as a teacher, may have been problematic or inappropriate with these students, too. They got to sex with the teacher, the moment classes ended,...sounds like a long way to go without flirtation or pics being sent to the students well before the consumations of those funky relationships.

She's morally bankrupt....and off in the head. I dont understand why she was so desperate to engage them in extra-curricular activity within the first hours after classes ended...unless she knew she was finally tasting the forbidden fruit she had already been flirting heavily & inappropriately with, for sometime.

And - when the cops are investigating... & interviewing you with evidence before them as a road map,...tell the damn truth. The students did the right thing. These 2 cases may lead to exposing the exploitation of children or students far younger, or in other ways. I would only want persons of impeccable trust teaching my kids,... and not derailing their lives with a pattern of lying, moral dilemmas, unwanted pregnancies or social stigmas & drama... that could ultimately harm them or the health of their future relationships.

Why is it that its so hard to grasp that student/teacher sexual relationships are illegal. Of course in this case its more about determining when do students and teachers cease being students and teachers?

I teach young people. Teacher's Code of Ethics is CRYSTAL CLEAR on this matter in most western democracies. She has violated that code. There is no indication of what sort of "grooming" took place before the end of school by the teacher in connection with these students. It is criminal behaviour. She's in a position of trust and influence, therefore the expectation of her in her professional and private life is and should be increased. Surely there are young adult males a little over 18 that have NOT been her students that she could have connected with? Poor choice on the part of the teacher. It has deservingly finished her career.

If I were one of the two teens and me and the teacher(lmao) were in bed together, how awkward would it have been? And where would you start when engaging in a ..........

lmao.

Must of been fun. You know at least the teacher is 26 years old. Not some friggin 40 year old.

After class sex-ed lessons eh?

If she did this while they were her students, I have a bit of a problem with it.

After she's no longer their teacher? Then they're just three adults.

She's teaching those two young men sex education, something I guess their parents should have been teaching them, Just another example of the extra work load that is thrust upon the teacher in this day and age.

I did some reading on this and found the following article.

http://www.wtae.com/news/new-brighton-area-teacher-accused-of-sex-with-students-moon-township/26859140#!bdAkRU

New Brighton Area School District teacher accused of sex with students Complaint says Tiffany Leiseth charged in Moon Township with institutional sexual assault, furnishing alcohol to minors

MOON TOWNSHIP, Pa. —A teacher in the New Brighton Area School District is accused of having sex with students just days before graduation, according to a criminal complaint.

Tiffany Leiseth, 26, of Moon Township, is charged with two felony counts of institutional sexual assault and one misdemeanor charge of furnishing alcohol to minors, the complaint says.

Leiseth allegedly had sex with two high school seniors at her home on separate occasions in late May and exchanged sexual text messages with them, according to the complaint.

"The alleged crimes occurred just hours after the final classes ended, but before the students graduated," Moon police said in a written statement.

Both students are 18 -- an age at which someone can legally consent to sex in Pennsylvania.

Still, police allege that it was a crime because the incidents occurred when Leiseth still had a teacher-student relationship with the male students.

"Even if the sex is consensual, it’s unlawful. It’s just like a school teacher having sexual relations with a student, regardless if the student is 17 or 18, it’s unlawful. It's a felony of the third degree. It provides protection for the person who is functioning at a subordinate level in an institution," Moon Township Police Chief Leo McCarthy told Pittsburgh’s Action News 4.

Police said the investigation began when the New Brighton Area superintendent got a phone tip about sexual involvement between male students and a female teacher.

Leiseth turned herself in Tuesday and was released on her own recognizance. An online docket indicates that a preliminary hearing in front of Coraopolis District Judge Mary Murray is scheduled for July 22.

A statement from the school district said Leiseth is no longer an employee.

I bolded the more relevant part of the article. In light of this, I have to change my opinion; the teacher - student relationship was still in effect as the students had not yet graduated.

As other posters have mentioned - there was also very likely some grooming taking place as the incident happened mere hours after the last day of regular classes.

Very, very poor judgement on her part.

Archived