The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teacher Tiffany Leiseth Accused Of Having Sex With 2 Students

babych

Wondering how different these comments would be if the genders were reversed.

No matter what the gender this is icky.

She is in the wrong. There shouldn't be anything legally wrong about it but perhaps a little common sense and morality would have helped her out here.

I get what you're saying but if it was a 26 year old guy and 18 year old girls in the same circumstance the comments here would be similar from most people I would think because it's more an issue of morality and ethics which is something that has no set rules in society.

This woman should most certainly lose her job. She's an idiot and shouldn't be teaching kids. She can go get more education and teach at a community college I'm sure so she'll be ok. Legal charges against her though are a joke. Legally the worst thing she did should be giving booze to minors.

I don't really see anything criminal about this due to the fact that they were 18 and no longer her students. It's definitely sleazy and unprofessional though, so I wouldn't have an issue with her losing her job.

giving alcohol to minors is illegal

don't care whether the sexual act was legal on a technicality, this woman doesn't belong teaching high school students

So....if she had waited for half a year after the two students had graduated and then approached them without alcohol, would that be okay?

Where is the accountability of the two "students"? Don't tell me these two were a couple of innocent spring lambs that she mercilessly deflowered. And that they had never partaken in having a drink.

She violated her obligations as a teacher and for that, she deserves to lose her job. But to paint her as a predator is unbelievably erroneous and naive.

And if this was a male teacher and two female students, the same applies.

The only reason people may view it differently is because of the overwhelming majority of actual sexual predators aka pedophiles are male.

giving alcohol to minors is illegal

don't care whether the sexual act was legal on a technicality, this woman doesn't belong teaching high school students

I was referring to the sex charges. It depends on if anything had been going on, even flirting, before this when they were her students. It is awfully quick after classes had ended for the year. I don't disagree that she shouldn't be teaching, hence me being in favour of her getting fired.

So....if she had waited for half a year after the two students had graduated and then approached them without alcohol, would that be okay?

Where is the accountability of the two "students"? Don't tell me these two were a couple of innocent spring lambs that she mercilessly deflowered. And that they had never partaken in having a drink.

She violated her obligations as a teacher and for that, she deserves to lose her job. But to paint her as a predator is unbelievably erroneous and naive.

And if this was a male teacher and two female students, the same applies.

The only reason people may view it differently is because of the overwhelming majority of actual sexual predators aka pedophiles are male.

The "accountability" lands solely on the figure of authority no matter what the circumstance.

When I was 18 I was an idiot. Why? Because 18 year olds are by and large idiots. (obviously this is sprinkled with hyperbole)

The "accountability" lands solely on the figure of authority no matter what the circumstance.

When I was 18 I was an idiot. Why? Because 18 year olds are by and large idiots. (obviously this is sprinkled with hyperbole)

True that they are idiots. But they are idiots with the right to be accountable enough to drive a vehicle and shape the political future of a country through voting.

The teacher failed in being accountable in her position and should get the ax for that.

True that they are idiots. But they are idiots with the right to be accountable enough to drive a vehicle and shape the political future of a country through voting.

The teacher failed in being accountable in her position and should get the ax for that.

SUre. It's not that no blame falls on these guys but the accountability factor lays solely on her as the authority figure.

You didnt read the story did you?

As a matter of fact I did, G-M.

To recap: teacher is 26 years old and charged with felony institutional sex assault..."victims" are two 18 year old "men"...all age of consent...school's out...teacher is no longer the 18 year old's teacher...are you sure you wouldn't have gone back for more? The only criminal offense (or is that a misdemeanor in the state of Pennsylvania?) was offering alcohol to anyone under the age of 21.

Age of consent changes (at least here) when you're a Teacher... though I don't know the nitty-gritty of it. Like people have said - it's a power imbalance. It's gross and it's wrong.

Not sure if/what she can be charged with, but no way she can keep her job. Who would take her seriously?

Archived