The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Edm

So, I was looking at team corsi percentage ratings and saw the Canucks were 10th in the league for 5 on 5 situations at 51.3% (ahead of 9 playoff teams [TB, DAL, PHI, CBJ, ANA, PIT, MIN, COL, & MTL]). Basically, the Canucks have more shots directed towards the other team's net than their net, during 5 on 5 situations. However, for 5 on 5, the Canucks were 23rd in the league for shooting percentage (ahead of only two playoff teams, NYR & LA ironically). Even more pathetic, 2nd worse shooting percentage in the league on the PP (ahead of Florida). Basically, we need snipers bad, Vrbata will help, but Kesler's void will also need to be filled.

To Vancouver:

-Perron (coincidentally saw someone propose to trade for him earlier).

To Edmonton:

-Burrows (big problem is getting him to waive, to Edmonton of all places)

-Markstrom

-Gaunce

-Hansen

^If need be, swap our 2nd for their 3rd in next year's draft, I don't really know what he's worth.

Why Vancouver does this: I was looking through players that had high shooting percentage and took a lot of shots. Perron came up and I think he'd be attainable. He takes 2.8 shots per game and had a 12.7% shooting percentage Plays left wing (despite being a right handed shot). Fills into that 2nd line. Perron replaces Burrows and some other players not needed as much are dumped, salary freed up. .

Why Edmonton does this: Burrows has had success throughout the lineup before, adds veteran leadership, helps them defensively, and adds much needed grit for their team. Gaunce gives them another big center for their system. Hansen helps their depth. Markstrom gives them another option in net. Hall/Nugent-Hopkins/Eberle Burrows/Draistail (you know they'll throw him in the lineup)/Yakupov.

Anyways:

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($7.000m) / Henrik Sedin ($7.000m) / Radim Vrbata ($5.000m)
David Perron ($3.813m) / Nick Bonino ($1.900m) / Zack Kassian ($1.750m)
Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Bo Horvat ($0.894m) / Linden Vey ($0.735m)
Shawn Matthias ($1.750m) / Brad Richardson ($1.150m) / Derek Dorsett ($1.633m)
Tom Sestito ($0.750m) (for a bottom 6 injury) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m) (for a top 6 injury)
DEFENSEMEN
Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)
Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Chris Tanev ($2.000m)
Luca Sbisa ($2.175m) / Yannick Weber ($0.850m)
Ryan Stanton ($0.550m) (for a left handed shot injury) / Frank Corrado ($0.591m) (for a right handed shot injury)
GOALTENDERS
Ryan Miller ($6.000m)
Eddie Lack ($1.150m)
BUYOUTS
David Booth ($0.000m)
Keith Ballard ($0.000m)
RETAINED SALARIES (1.16% of upper limit)
Roberto Luongo ($0.800m—15.00%) .

If you have any feedback let me know, since I don't know too much about Perron so the value may be way off.

I think this is a massive overpayment. Just a year ago the trade was:

St. Louis Blues traded David Perron to the Edmonton Oilers for Magnus Paajarvi and a 2nd round selection in 2014.

So within a year Edmonton would had traded Magnus Paajavi and a 2nd for

"-Burrows (big problem is getting him to waive, to Edmonton of all places)

-Markstrom

-Gaunce

-Hansen

^If need be, swap our 2nd for their 3rd in next year's draft, I don't really know what he's worth."

I think this is a classic "buy high" "sell low" situation.

Burrows Markstrom and Hansen couldn't have lower values and Guance is still a young developing 1st rounder. Plus we add in a pick.

I think most trade proposals over value our players so I respect that you attempted to trying to stay nonbias but that's way too much to give for a small, 2nd line, 40-50 point guy.

Archived