The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Zac Dalpe with Buffalo

One of Gillis' many brilliant moves.

This just proved he had no idea how to build a fourth line.

This deal I liked. Tochkin is a career ECHLer/borderline AHLer whereas Dalpe and Welsh still had potential. Welsh I think still has a chance to come in and contribute on the fourth line when there are injuries.

Dalpe for a 4th.

Dorsett for a 3rd.

Vey for a 2nd.

And we're wondering why we never have enough young prospects kicking around...

IMO Vey is still considered a young prospect. I know he's early-20s but he's only played a handful of NHL games.

it wasn't that bad of a trade.... he was taking a chance on a former 2nd round pick that he thought had potential.

Dalpe was a top 6 or bust player that wasn't going to make it in our top 6.

We needed a good 4th liner in a trade, not another skilled guy.

Just Gillis failing to recognize what the teams needs were time and time again. The fact that he let a solid 4th liner like Volpatti go for nothing cause he was afraid of losing Ebbett to waivers is another example.

Dalpe for a 4th.

Dorsett for a 3rd.

Vey for a 2nd.

Giving away a 4th for Dalpe made no sense. We could have drafted a solid D prospect like Ryan Mantha with our 4th this year.

A 3rd for Dorsett is steep, but something tells me Desjardins thinks he can get the most out of him, so I have no problem with that trade. The importance of solid 4th liners that bring energy and stick up for their teammates can't be understated. Hopefully this guy rubs off on some of our younger players, because he plays the game hard and fast, the way it's meant to be played.

As for the 2nd for Vey, that's good value. We're getting a 22 year old player who is already developed, that's easily worth a 2nd. LA wouldn't have let him go if they had a choice. He should be a good player for us.

its not so much that he was terrible value for a 4th, it's just that it was kind of a wasted pick because he served no purpose on our team. Gillis had too many tweeners and didn't prioritize having a great top 6 and a cheap bottom 6.

Dalpe for a 4th.

Dorsett for a 3rd.

Vey for a 2nd.

Vey is a ready prospect to make the leap as a regular NHLer. Dorsett is something every championship team has. And funny how you disregarded all out prospects we have..

Dalpe for a 4th.

Dorsett for a 3rd.

Vey for a 2nd.

Dalpne was a Gillis deal. Old management, no point comparing to new one. Plus we did get 2 young players out of it.

Dorsett was the ducks 3rd and not ours

Vey is a young prospect, Who we aquired with lightnings 2nd. Plus we got this from trading a guy we signed for free

Archived