The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To the people saying "trade Burrows" ....

The Listening

Too funny, some people complaining Burr is paid too much for what he brings and this dude wants to pay him not to play. :)

Also treating a player like that would tarnish the reputation and image of this team. It could make it harder to draw UFA's.

Then he should waive his NTC when asked and GTF outta here

Dear you. No he doesn't want to. Get lost. Can you waive your NTC and move to the flames forums?

Feel free to post whatever attack comments you want. At the end of the day management doesn't want him part of the team no more. So going into next season , please don't forget ...... Benning Doesn't want him on the team.... And for good reasons. Of course I know he's here to stay. I will post my reasons why I want him gone once I log in from a computer

I would have rather seen us keep Booth and buy out Burrows.

That said I am hoping he bounces back. He is not going to play at at 4.5 million dollar level, but I am hoping he at least contributes 40 points along with intangibles.

I hope that he plays well enough to stay with the team but that Hansen has a horrible start and is traded and then Burrows takes the 3rd line RW position where he is best suited. Well really he's better suited on the LW but that is the only conceivable position that Higgins should be playing and Burrows should be pretty used to the RW position by now.

I would have rather seen us keep Booth and buy out Burrows.

That said I am hoping he bounces back. He is not going to play at at 4.5 million dollar level, but I am hoping he at least contributes 40 points along with intangibles.

Wow really?

Too funny, some people complaining Burr is paid too much for what he brings and this dude wants to pay him not to play. :)

Also treating a player like that would tarnish the reputation and image of this team. It could make it harder to draw UFA's.

You honestly think that a UFA really gives a rats @$$ if a team has asked its players to waive their NTC when it comes to selecting a team to sign with? Lets see...we comp bought out two players and traded two guys with NTC...didn't seem to "tarnish" the team's reputation and image when it came to Miller and Vrbata deciding to sign in Vancouver.

Pro athletes only care about their own set of circumstances when they decide where to sign.

Feel free to post whatever attack comments you want. At the end of the day management doesn't want him part of the team no more. So going into next season , please don't forget ...... Benning Doesn't want him on the team.... And for good reasons. Of course I know he's here to stay. I will post my reasons why I want him gone once I log in from a computer

The management doesn't want him on the team? There are lots of other reasons for asking a player to waive his NTC, and the one you conclude with is that? Classic example of taking a little bit of information and drawing a definitive conclusion that may be the furthest from the truth.

I'm the first in line banging the trade Burrows drum, but to state with confidence that Benning doesn't want him on the team is one of the stupidest things I've heard on the CDC (that along with those who post that asking players to waive their NTC will hurt the 'image' and reputation of the team making it difficult attract UFAs).

I guess you haven't heard, but Benning is on record to state that he's looking at Burrows on the second line. I don't agree with this assessment, but what I gather from this statement and the explanation he gave for buying Booth out, there is going to be a ton of pressure on Burrows to produce offensively while maintaining all the other stuff he does (agitate, PK, defend, etc.), for which IMO, he's going to be given the opportunity to do so.

To play on a good team in the NHL you need to be a solid 2 way player.

Their are ofc the odd exemptions. say if a team is deep enough to protect the ice time a young player is getting.

Their are the odd elite players like Ovechkin & Kessel with no 2 way game, but their teams will be bad unless they dedicate themselves to playing a 2 way game. The Penguins sucked until Mario made that commitment & the Redwings sucked until Stevie Y made that commitment. Lots of examples in the NHL annuls.

Benning was part of the team that traded away Kessel & Seguin because they didn't have that commitment. I can't see him gifting rookies positions until they're solid.

For a team to be good, they need at least 3 lines they can trust to put out on the ice when they're on the road & up by a goal in the third. Guys they can trust to play solid defence & protect that lead.

The Oilers main problem is they have introduced all those kids into the NHL before they became trusted 2 way players.

A team can have 2 maybe 3 guys that get protected ice time, but that's it. Last year when the Canucks were plagued with injuries all of the guys they had to call up were guys that couldn't be trusted & as expected Torts over played the few he had & the team fell apart.

The Canucks have: Sedin, Sedin, Vrbata, Burrows, Hansen & Higgins that qualify as solid 2 way players.

Then they have Richardson, Matthias & Dorsett who aren't bad defensively, but will wilt if relied upon too heavily.

They have Kassian, Sestito & Bonino who cannot be trusted & will need protected minutes.

They have Vey, Horvat, Gaunce with solid resumes as defensively sound players but they haven't been proven at the NHL level yet.

Jensen, Shinkaruk & Fox are all not good enough & would need protected minutes if in the lineup.

For the Canucks to be competitive this season they're going to need someone to step up & be the 3rd line shutdown center.

If Vey could center Higgins & Hansen, play solid defence & score 20 points that would give us a solid lineup & be an incredibly successful season for him.

If that happens & injuries are kept to a minimum we might stay competitive.

The talk of trading Burrows or Hansen is just crazy. We already lost Kesler & Santorelli as solid 2 way players & only added Vrbata. Replacing Burrows with Jensen at this point just means you have 1 more player who needs protected minutes.

A Jensen Bonino Kassian line would be a disaster. Opposing teams would LOVE having the opportunity to play against that line.

We need time for the kids to be ready, Kassian is getting better, Jensen is improving but they aren't ready for prime time yet.

Throwing kids in early to get chewed up night after night by other teams top lines is how you ruin prospects.

Hey People. Can someone help settle a disagreement. If Burrows with his NTC was sent down to Utica, can he be claimed on waivers? I say no.

Then you would be wrong. A no trade clause has nothing to do with waivers. And Burrows would have to pass through waivers to get to Utica giving the other 29 teams a chance to claim him.

The management doesn't want him on the team? There are lots of other reasons for asking a player to waive his NTC, and the one you conclude with is that? Classic example of taking a little bit of information and drawing a definitive conclusion that may be the furthest from the truth.

I'm the first in line banging the trade Burrows drum, but to state with confidence that Benning doesn't want him on the team is one of the stupidest things I've heard on the CDC (that along with those who post that asking players to waive their NTC will hurt the 'image' and reputation of the team making it difficult attract UFAs).

I guess you haven't heard, but Benning is on record to state that he's looking at Burrows on the second line. I don't agree with this assessment, but what I gather from this statement and the explanation he gave for buying Booth out, there is going to be a ton of pressure on Burrows to produce offensively while maintaining all the other stuff he does (agitate, PK, defend, etc.), for which IMO, he's going to be given the opportunity to do so.

You don't ask players to Waive his NTC if you want to keep him. It's obvious Benning wants to move Burrows, in other words, doesn't want him part of the team. He didn't ask Edler to waive it. Benning wants to keep him around. 6'3 220 heavy hitting dman who has offensive skills and can skate it up. Of course.

Plan B if the player refuses to waive is too of course use him! LOL no sh!t, I know he's going to be in our top 6, I'm not saying he's totally useless it's just that is a black eye to the team. He has that reputation among officials in the leauge as a diver, a dirty player, and refs are no longer afraid to call anything on him. Benning has many reasons to trade him, and even Linden and Benning both agreed that it's better for the teams reputation to get rid of Alex Burrows as they can, other wise we will always be the "Villains" in any game, because of the dirty player he is.

That said, arguement is kinda useless now... he did man up for the team and waive his NTC. Garrison did it... because he's doing it for the sake of the team... Burrows refuses too.... which is also his right not to Waive it... it's fine... Burrows is quite an effective player, but is totally useless when he's not producing... all he does is produce power plays for the other team.

Personally I'm sick of this guy. He is so hated among NHL fans it's unreal. This is coming from a Canuck myself... he is truly a very dirty player, and powerplays waiting for the other team.

Did you guys actually know he lead the league in minor penalties in 2013? yea... there you go.

That said I will continue to support him... hope he does well as a player, and hope he helps the Canucks win. One thing for sure, I am grateful for Burrows. He's always out there doing autograph signings. By far the most out of any Canuck.

Archived