The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins sign Bartkowski

Leaves them with just under $400K of cap space. We'll definetly see a move or two before training camp.

Eriksson here we come

Good signing. Still leaves Boston strapped for cap though.

Well Savard LTIR gives them 4 million extra I think, so I think you guys are wrong. Maybe someone can confirm either way.

Well Savard LTIR gives them 4 million extra I think, so I think you guys are wrong. Maybe someone can confirm either way.

I think your right. Capgeek right now is calculating with savages hit ON. Once the season starts he goes on LTIR and his hit is OFF the books.

They seriously need to offload Chris Kelly for draft picks and dump his 3 million cap hit to a team that needs it. Kelly is great and is a stud but Greg Campbell does the same but his cap is 1.6 million. Especially when Kelly is stuck playing 3rd/4th line duties. Too expensive.

He had 55 mill last year. His contract turns into 1.5 this year

Cap hit is still $4.0M plus change for Savard, regardless of what he's paid...but they'll get relief so Bruins will have about $4.5M to sign Krug, Smith, and Fraser, three guys who should be Bruins roster players this coming season. That's probably more than enough for those three players, so I think the dream of watching Bruins have a fire sale for buys like Eriksson, Boychuk, McQuaid, Kelly is all but over.

Too bad for the Canucks...would have loved to have seen Boychuk and Khokhlachev moved over here.

They have been dangling Bartkowski for a couple of years. He was the temptation in the original Iginla sweepstakes. I bet Calgary is still bitter over that one. They could have had Bartkowski instead of uh.. nothing? lol.

Very likely they signed him to facilitate a trade.

Cap hit is still $4.0M plus change for Savard, regardless of what he's paid...but they'll get relief so Bruins will have about $4.5M to sign Krug, Smith, and Fraser, three guys who should be Bruins roster players this coming season. That's probably more than enough for those three players, so I think the dream of watching Bruins have a fire sale for buys like Eriksson, Boychuk, McQuaid, Kelly is all but over.

Too bad for the Canucks...would have loved to have seen Boychuk and Khokhlachev moved over here.

This is it. Either so many on here don't know who Savard is or they just forget about him and his injury

I believe he can go on LTIR after the season starts. They will still need to become cap compliant before then, including Savard's salary.

Archived