The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nashville Predators New Goal Song

From Gary Glitter to The Black Keys, a goal song evolution

For 15 seasons, hockey fans have heard a special version of Tim McGraw’s “I Like It, I Love It” every time the Nashville Predators score a goal. Also for 15 seasons, “I Like It, I Love It” has been followed by Gary Glitter’s “Rock and Roll, Part 2.” From this sequence, the 303 chants known around the hockey world were born.

During the Development Camp scrimmage on Saturday, however, the Preds seemed to have previewed a different take on the goal song.

In an appropriate change given the team’s color scheme, Nashville’s Game Ops crew has replaced “Rock and Roll, Part 2″ with “Gold on the Ceiling” by The Black Keys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEeeXoOfyzA#t=24

http://section303.com/from-gary-glitter-to-the-black-keys-a-goal-song-evolution-52874

Ehh, it happens. The kings have been using the slogan "We are all Kings" lately. But that's also the most culturally bankrupt organization in the NHL so it's not really a surprise.

and the canucks "borrowed" that slogan from the islanders.

Ehh, it happens. The kings have been using the slogan "We are all Kings" lately. But that's also the most culturally bankrupt organization in the NHL so it's not really a surprise.

But, but, but.... what if they're queens?

:bigblush:

Culturally bankrupt.

2 cups in 3 seasons.

I'd take it if I were a Kings fan.

Not to mention the Canucks stole their slogan from the Islanders.

Archived