The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top NBA players of the 2000s #1

people please

Who Number 1  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nah.... stick with 2000-2009 or else it makes guys like Carter, Iverson, Shaq, McGrady all seem like average players. 2000-2014 is more about longevity.

Are you touched? LeBron has been a monster since his first year, and a legit all-star/first team since his second year. MVP in 2009.

I nominate McGrady. His prime was a lot better than Carter's prime.

If I was allowed to take 5 steps without anyone calling travel on me, I'd be in the NBA right now - its only in the last few years he's cleaned up his act (a bit)... seriously, youtube LeBron traveling, it's actually pretty disgusting he rarely gets called.

And for the first few years he was in the NBA - he was just exceptionally athletic, again, it's only recently his skill has caught up.

so you combine extreme athleticism with being able to travel at will and a desire to promote highlight reel dunks (because you want to increase the fan base of a crappy team) you get basically a big cheater.

I'm sorry but to have Kobe first is not right Duncan has accomplished everything Kobe has even more without all the drama and all these Kobe fans are all about the "flash" Duncan has done it all without the flash Just my opinion

BqOE5wxCAAAuMFY.jpg

Watch Kobe's foot work - he can go left, right, spin, jab, stutter... you name it he can most likely do it. By FAR he has the best fundamentals of any player in the last 2 decades. Duncan has 1 move, turn around bank jumper.

From the 2000 to 2009 kobe had shaq and I do see that Robinson gino and Parker were a huge part of Duncan's success but you need to realize that Robinson was the same age that duncan is RIGHT NOW and as far as gino ans Parker they didn't really show up until 2007 but it's opinion they both have similar careers you could put both of there names in a hat a pick one and you won't be disappointed

Shaq left LA in 2004.... so I guess you're a real NBA fan eh? ;)

I will give Duncan consistence and he is also very fundamentally sound, but if I could pick any player up there to build a team around, it would be hands down Kobe.

Now your ignoring Duncan's accomplishments to no that duncan is still able to Duncan's ball smarts and defensive skills still make him great player but during the decade the numbers are championships 4 to 3 kobe season mvp 2 to 1 duncan and playoff mvp 2 to 1 duncan and to no duncan without any drama and without being flashy is remarkable and if you were gonna base your team around either kobe or duncan it would be duncan his leadership skills are second to none and makes his teammates better don't get me wrong Kobe is great but like I said it opinion I'm duncan or kobe but to say that kobe has accomplished more is wrong

Not many people in the world would take Duncan over Kobe if your basing a team around them.

and one last thing....

the reason shaq shouldn't even be close is because he was just massive... that's it... hence the "hack a shaq" strategy, if Shaq could actually get his free throws in, I'd be willing to say he is almost in the same league as Kobe...

on that note, I ALMOST want to say the same thing about Duncan - his free throw style is HORRENDOUS, next time you watch the Spurs, play a drinking game where every time he rims the ball of the front of the rim, you take a drink... and every time he rims off the front and it goes in, you take 2 drinks - I promise you, you won't make it through the night.

and one last thing....

the reason shaq shouldn't even be close is because he was just massive... that's it... hence the "hack a shaq" strategy, if Shaq could actually get his free throws in, I'd be willing to say he is almost in the same league as Kobe...

on that note, I ALMOST want to say the same thing about Duncan - his free throw style is HORRENDOUS, next time you watch the Spurs, play a drinking game where every time he rims the ball of the front of the rim, you take a drink... and every time he rims off the front and it goes in, you take 2 drinks - I promise you, you won't make it through the night.

Go looks up his stats he won 3 finals MVP's for a reason, how many people are averaging that now?

Go looks up his stats he won 3 finals MVP's for a reason, how many people are averaging that now?

Did you read what I actually wrote ?

I said ALMOST (as in, won't)... TD's free throw percentage is definitely good, but his style horrible.

What does any of that have to do with MVPs ?

If I was allowed to take 5 steps without anyone calling travel on me, I'd be in the NBA right now - its only in the last few years he's cleaned up his act (a bit)... seriously, youtube LeBron traveling, it's actually pretty disgusting he rarely gets called.

And for the first few years he was in the NBA - he was just exceptionally athletic, again, it's only recently his skill has caught up.

so you combine extreme athleticism with being able to travel at will and a desire to promote highlight reel dunks (because you want to increase the fan base of a crappy team) you get basically a big cheater.

Watch Kobe's foot work - he can go left, right, spin, jab, stutter... you name it he can most likely do it. By FAR he has the best fundamentals of any player in the last 2 decades. Duncan has 1 move, turn around bank jumper.

And Duncan has accomplished just as much or if not more with is ONE move amazing eh and with the drama

Shaq left LA in 2004.... so I guess you're a real NBA fan eh? ;)

I will give Duncan consistence and he is also very fundamentally sound, but if I could pick any player up there to build a team around, it would be hands down Kobe.

Lol that error made me seem like a "real" fan lol and Hands down Kobe are you sure about that the drama the inefficiency and the "Ran Shaq out of Town" great person to base your team around

Not many people in the world would take Duncan over Kobe if your basing a team around them.

Read above

and one last thing....

Size didnt give him the desire to pull down more than 13,000 rebounds. Size didnt give him the accuracy to score more than 28,000 points.

Size didn't put him in the career postseason top five in points, rebounds and blocks. Four NBA championships, three Finals MVPs, one regular season MVP, three All-Star Game MVPs, Olympic and World Championship gold medals.

Oh and he ran in the transition like a sf despite being 7'1 and 300 plus. I haven't even mentioned his insane handles...

Never ever hate on Shaq.

Did you read what I actually wrote ?

I said ALMOST (as in, won't)... TD's free throw percentage is definitely good, but his style horrible.

What does any of that have to do with MVPs ?

I'm talking about shaq and kobe, you acting like kobe didn't get outplayed by Austin Crosshere in the NBA finals.

and one last thing....

Every player has weakness in there game that can get exploited kobe has weakness in his game to annd isnt this poll about there dominance not weaknesses

And Duncan has accomplished just as much or if not more with is ONE move amazing eh and with the drama

Lol that error made me seem like a "real" fan lol and Hands down Kobe are you sure about that the drama the inefficiency and the "Ran Shaq out of Town" great person to base your team around

Read above

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think TD should be up there with the best, but he's NOT a better basketball player then Kobe. He definitely makes people around him better because he's unselfish and is a good passer, but again - literally 1 move, and it's a fade bank off the glass is VERY hard to stop.

How much of that drama was due to the media I wonder?

And yeah - that was a pretty big mistake if you thought they played together for an extra 5 years...

Size didnt give him the desire to pull down more than 13,000 rebounds. Size didnt give him the accuracy to score more than 28,000 points.

Size didn't put him in the career postseason top five in points, rebounds and blocks. Four NBA championships, three Finals MVPs, one regular season MVP, three All-Star Game MVPs, Olympic and World Championship gold medals.

Oh and he ran in the transition like a sf despite being 7'1 and 300 plus. I haven't even mentioned his insane handles...

Never ever hate on Shaq.

Ermmm.... what ? LoL - yes being 7'1 over 300lbs DEFINITELY gives you the ability to pull down rebounds like a boss - he can box anyone out and now one can jump over him...

It also definitely helps to score baskets when he can just back someone down and dunk it.

Have you ever actually played basketball before ?

Every player has weakness in there game that can get exploited kobe has weakness in his game to annd isnt this poll about there dominance not weaknesses

doesn't actually say that in the poll... but even considering it does - Kobe can dominate in WAY more ways then TD can... so ;)

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think TD should be up there with the best, but he's NOT a better basketball player then Kobe. He definitely makes people around him better because he's unselfish and is a good passer, but again - literally 1 move, and it's a fade bank off the glass is VERY hard to stop.

And yeah - that was a pretty big mistake if you thought they played together for an extra 5 years...

Ermmm.... what ? LoL - yes being 7'1 over 300lbs DEFINITELY gives you the ability to pull down rebounds like a boss - he can box anyone out and now one can jump over him...

It also definitely helps to score baskets when he can just back someone down and dunk it.

Have you ever actually played basketball before ?

Your attributing all his success to size. Thats bs. Yao Ming should of been averaging 40 and 20 a night then no??

Shaq could ball. There were rule changes because of how big, skilled, and dominating he was. Saying it was all size is major bs

LOL i was rushing and forgot to proof read im not that stupid and Drama due to media there is no drama with the spurs cause Duncan gives the media no reason to attack he is just humble and Shaq even said he was ran out of town

doesn't actually say that in the poll... but even considering it does - Kobe can dominate in WAY more ways then TD can... so ;)

And yet Duncan has accomplished equal amount of success if not more Duncan can build star within the spurs cause of his unselfishness and is a great leader name a star in lakers that had developed because of kobes "leadership"

Your attributing all his success to size. Thats bs. Yao Ming should of been averaging 40 and 20 a night then no??

Shaq could ball. There were rule changes because of how big, skilled, and dominating he was. Saying it was all size is major bs

Right.... you really think if Shaq was 6'9 and weighed 240lbs he'd have those same stats? Ming is soft and scrawny.

And yet Duncan has accomplished equal amount of success if not more Duncan can build star within the spurs cause of his unselfishness and is a great leader name a star in lakers that had developed because of kobes "leadership"

Look TD is definitely one of my favorite players in the game, and he's definitely more of a leader then Kobe, but the Spurs have a way better team, especially now - they proved over the last few years they are the deepest TEAM in the NBA... Kobe hasn't had role players like (or the total number of them) in a while

Right.... you really think if Shaq was 6'9 and weighed 240lbs he'd have those same stats? Ming is soft and scrawny.

Look TD is definitely one of my favorite players in the game, and he's definitely more of a leader then Kobe, but the Spurs have a way better team, especially now - they proved over the last few years they are the deepest TEAM in the NBA... Kobe hasn't had role players like (or the total number of them) in a while

His stats would drop of course. But still it ain't all size man. Give the man credit. He was getting it done from the get go. His first year in the league he was probably 30-50 pounds lighter and he still dominated.

I agree about the Kobe part though.

Archived