The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion ] 2014-2015 Canucks Line up predictions!

Horvat

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Vrbata

Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Mattias-Vey

Hansen-Richardson-Dorsett

Sestito

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Sbisa-Stanton

Weber

Miller

Lack

Solid down the middle. Edler plays with RHD Tanev. Kids down on the farm to come together and BAM!- 2 years out we have the roster changing to the young guns.

• 2 weeks later...

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Vrbata

Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Mattias-Vey

Hansen-Richardson-Dorsett

Sestito

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Sbisa-Stanton

Weber

Miller

Lack

MARKSTROM

Solid down the middle. Edler plays with RHD Tanev. Kids down on the farm to come together and BAM!- 2 years out we have the roster changing to the young guns.

I think you have it bang on GOOD JOB

Only thing is to add Markstrom as the 23rd until the goalie situation is sorted out

I don't like 3 goalies but until they trade 1 I don't think they will be stupid and just loose one to WAIVERS

Thus having to keep 3 for a short time at the start of the year

I've said before with what we currently have:

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Burrows - Bonino - Kassian

Higgins - Horvat - Vey

Matthias - Richardson - Dorsett

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Tanev

Stanton - Sbisa

Miller

Lack

Should we just copy and paste from other threads?

Anyways I'll give it a shot

Dorsset Tanev Miller

Hamhuis Vrbrata Henrik

Daniel Kassian Sbisa

Bieksa Higgins Mathias

Stanton Bonino

Vey Lack

Richardson Burrows

Edler

Hansen

Something like that

Haha very funny but kassians not a centre

omg I lol'd hard. Of all the above, you chose to point out Kassian?

my day = made

Should we just copy and paste from other threads?

Anyways I'll give it a shot

Dorsset Tanev Miller

Hamhuis Vrbrata Henrik

Daniel Kassian Sbisa

Bieksa Higgins Mathias

Stanton Bonino

Vey Lack

Richardson Burrows

Edler

Hansen

Something like that

???? gimme what ur smoking lol. heres my shot at being coach

Sedin/sedin/verbata

burr/bones/kass

mathias/bo/vey

higgs/richardson/dorsett

kassquatch, on 17 Jul 2014 - 5:05 PM, said:

Forward

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Virbata

Jensen - N Bonino - Kassian

Mathias - Horvat - Vey

Zalewski - Gaunce - Dorsett

Defence

Hamhuis - Tanev

Edler - Beiska

Stanton - Sbisa

Goal

Miller

Lack

I like the youth in ur lineup but id keep higgs on the 4th over zaleski. any lineup that includes bo gaunce and jenson if they earned it is a huge step in the right direction imho. trade hanson sestito if the young guys show they belong. people seem quite divided on if the young guys are better off in juniors or the ahl, if there not playing top 6 mins but i disagree. i played baseball at an elite level. and when i was 16 and a rookie i stayed with the big club and worked out of the pen. i didnt play as much as if i would of played for the tier2 team. but playing against and having teamates that had been drafted or were going to play div1 helped me so much, and bythe time i was 17-18 it didnt phase me nop more. the best place to learn how to play in the nhl is to play in the nhl.especially in sheltered roles. picking up the habits of true pros like the twins and the coaches. besides wd has said he wants to roll 4 lines so they will get plenty of ice time :)

I would love to be pleasantly surprised by this line up:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Kassian

Higgins Vey Jensen

Matthias Horvat Dorsett

Richardson

Sestito

Hamhuis Bieksa (Would love to see them reunited)

Edler Tanev (Perhaps Tanev is able to give Edler some defensive support?)

Sbisa Weber (Not sure if this'll work.)

Stanton

Miller

Lack

Jensen gets sheltered minutes against secondary competition, and develops his defensive game. He can interchange with Kassian if necessary. Love Hansen but I think he ends up getting traded. Wonder if there would be a realistic way to package him with some picks and/or a b level prospect for Eric Gelinas or Ryan Pulock? My boy Bo should, at the very least, get his 9 games. He's excellent on the draw, and he's fantastic defensively. I'll live if he doesn't end up sticking around, but once we send him to junior, he's there for the season. Might as well see how he progresses following Preseason. That's really the only reason why I have Richardson as 13 as he's a good defensive centre as well.

Would love this on the power play:

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Vrbata Edler

Bonino/Vey Vey/Horvat Jensen

Hamhuis Weber

Get Kassian in front of the net, Vrbata can quarterback, and he's got a wicked shot, Edler on point for the one timer. Sedins do their thing on the side boards. Maybe even try experimenting switching Henrik and Vrbata to get a right handed shot on the left side. Keep Burrows off the powerplay. He always seems to get unnecessary penalties when he's in front of the net.

As tempting as it is to include Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Fox, Zalewski, Corrado, or Lain in the starting line up, I think they're better off developing chemistry in Utica. We can always call them up to shake up the line up and for injuries.

PK would be as such:

Burrows Richardson/Horvat

Hamhuis Tanev

Higgins Matthias

Sbisa Bieksa

Thoughts anyone?

I would love to be pleasantly surprised by this line up:

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Kassian

Higgins Vey Jensen

Matthias Horvat Dorsett

Richardson

Sestito

Hamhuis Bieksa (Would love to see them reunited)

Edler Tanev (Perhaps Tanev is able to give Edler some defensive support?)

Sbisa Weber (Not sure if this'll work.)

Stanton

Miller

Lack

Jensen gets sheltered minutes against secondary competition, and develops his defensive game. He can interchange with Kassian if necessary. Love Hansen but I think he ends up getting traded. Wonder if there would be a realistic way to package him with some picks and/or a b level prospect for Eric Gelinas or Ryan Pulock? My boy Bo should, at the very least, get his 9 games. He's excellent on the draw, and he's fantastic defensively. I'll live if he doesn't end up sticking around, but once we send him to junior, he's there for the season. Might as well see how he progresses following Preseason. That's really the only reason why I have Richardson as 13 as he's a good defensive centre as well.

Would love this on the power play:

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Vrbata Edler

Bonino/Vey Vey/Horvat Jensen

Hamhuis Weber

Get Kassian in front of the net, Vrbata can quarterback, and he's got a wicked shot, Edler on point for the one timer. Sedins do their thing on the side boards. Maybe even try experimenting switching Henrik and Vrbata to get a right handed shot on the left side. Keep Burrows off the powerplay. He always seems to get unnecessary penalties when he's in front of the net.

As tempting as it is to include Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Fox, Zalewski, Corrado, or Lain in the starting line up, I think they're better off developing chemistry in Utica. We can always call them up to shake up the line up and for injuries.

PK would be as such:

Burrows Richardson/Horvat

Hamhuis Tanev

Higgins Matthias

Sbisa Bieksa

Thoughts anyone?

Since we are going to be rolling 4 lines and injecting youth to the lineup, I think your lineup has the perfect mix. Good work.

Since we are going to be rolling 4 lines and injecting youth to the lineup, I think your lineup has the perfect mix. Good work.

Thanks killerwhales33. It's super refreshing to see the canucks have as much depth as they do, considering we basically had none last year. Hopefully it translates to a post season run.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Higgins-Vey-Hansen

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett

Hamuis-Bieska

Edler-Tanev

Sbisa-Weber

Miller

Lack

PP1 and PP2

Sedin-Sedin-Bonino

Vrbata-Edler

Burrows-Vey-Kassian

Weber-Edler

PK1 and PK2

Burrows-Richardson

Hamuis-Tanev

Hansen-Bonino

Sbisa-Bieska

This is interesting, we basically have two very solid 3rd lines.

1st and 2nd lines have potential for some good chemistry.

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Burrows Bonino Matthias

Kassian Vey Jensen

Higgins Richardson Hansen

Dorsett

Why is Matthais 2nd line RW? And Kass 3rd line LW? If Jensen cracks our roster I suspect he's top 6. We essentially have a 1st line and three 3rd lines. Arguably the Sedins are a 2nd line if you really think last year is a fair indicator of their skill right now (which I don't)

In pre-season I'd like to see we should throw a FWD on his off hand, on defense for the powerplay. Since we don't have as many offensively minded defenseman, it could help out PP1. Coaches have put out forwards on the powerplay in defensive positions before. burrows or bonino could make better passes and get a good wrister or slapshot on the net for a tip.

Look something like this,

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata

Hamhuis-Burrows/bonino

Archived