The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - MTL

Assuming MTL wants to move him, needs a replacement RHD, all players agree to be traded and the cost is more than the picks given up for an offer sheet:

MTL: Burrows, Bieksa, Kassian, Jensen

VAN: Subban

Kind of a crazy offer for one player without a contract. Reports are he's looking for overt $7m/ for over 7 years with MTL.

This deal doesn't make sense for anyone. We are lacking young depth on the wings, so let's trade away Jensen and Kassian, our two most established young wingers. And it doesn't make sense from Montreal's side either. Not enough value coming back for their franchise player. Not happening.

I couldn't see a deal like this ever happening for Subban because he's Montreal's franchise player, but with the leafs shopping Phaneuf I could see something similar happening, maybe slightly less value from our side (Bieksa, Jensen, draft pick) and they'd have to eat 1 million to 1.5 million of his contract?

I couldn't see a deal like this ever happening for Subban because he's Montreal's franchise player, but with the leafs shopping Phaneuf I could see something similar happening, maybe slightly less value from our side (Bieksa, Jensen, draft pick) and they'd have to eat 1 million to 1.5 million of his contract?

I'd rather keep Bieksa and Jensen, no matter how much of his salary they eat. Phaneuf would not do well out here in the West.

wo the heat is really starting to fry cdcs brains. what a silly trade. i blame nhl 2014 we all love being gm and get to pull of unreal trades, but most of us realize that doesnt happen in the real world. i actually think thats an overpayment we would be a worse team kass is gonna be a star very soon like this year imo. Bieksa is a nuck till the end as with burr and jenson has top line potential. yes pk is super good but i dont believe in trading for a superstar you always overpay lets focus on keeping are young guys and watch them hopefully turn into stars. as far as trades go id be looking at trading lack and 2 bottom 6 guys like hanson higgens richardson etc to make romm for some of the young guys. I see guys like bo and gaunce ready to start as bottom 6 guys and do as good or better then a hanson or a richardson for cheaper.

No way. We over pay.

Can't believe some people here think we are under paying lol.

Hahaha. Wow. So tell me. Why would Montreal take on $11m in cap fir two 33 year old players on the decline. A young forward who MIGHT turn out to be a legit top 6 guy and B prospect.

I think they'd much rather sign thier 25 year old franchise defenceman for a lot less than $11m a year

Archived