The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The surprise player at camp

Lui's Knob

gaunce was overlooked a lot until this summer's camp but from what I've heard/seen, he was one of the most promising, if not best prospect for the week. very exciting to see if he can force JB so open up a spot on the big team!

I really hope it's this guy:

http://instagram.com/p/p6-0imB19G/#

And looking at that pic (tweeted when he signed the papers on his Canucks contract this summer), I think people who are expecting a 6'3", 185-190 lbs Sanguinetti (as he's usually listed) will be surprised by how much bigger and stronger he is. Even accounting for angles and tricks of the lens, there's no way that guy's under 200 lbs (since he is definitely 6'3").

I think he's going to turn heads at camp/preseason.

Sanguinetti has always had the tools to be a dynamic, offensive, puckmoving defenceman who can drive the offense and put-up points. He's just had tough breaks with injuries and playing behind similar players on the depth chart. But if he comes in healthy and hungry (and stronger than ever), I think he's a player that could really make some noise this year.

I'm hoping Bobby Sangs can be that PMD/PPQB that this team's been missing (and for far too long). With luck, he might even become an effective partner for Edler.

Dane Fox all the way. I'm predicting he actually makes the NHL this year. Maybe not out of camp, but soon thereafter.

That would be awesome. However, he was undrafted and last year was he was 20 years old player with mostly 17 to 19-year olds. If he can make the team, it would be a huge coup for the Canucks.

I think Vey will light it up and should be the 2nd line center. A more offensive role for Vey should help. Bonino should fit better as a 3rd line center anyway. More depth this year.

I see Gaunce being the suprise from all the "longshots"...

Archived