The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Whats the biggest playoff choke recently?

Whats the biggest choke?  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ran into injuries and suspensions and the officiating was questionable. Bruins injuries just had Lucic with a hurt toe. Almost blowing a 3-0 series facing the hawks is more of a choke.

But I vote TOR vs BOS. SJS vs LAK is a close second

Bruins were without Nathan Horton and Marc Savard both two pretty good players.

This one is too hard for me to decide. While the length of the Sharks collapse is stunning. They sucked for 4 straight games.

The Leaf collapse was something else. How do you blow a 4-1 lead in game 7 with less than 10 minutes remaining? The sheer speed of that collapse was something else.

Bruins were without Nathan Horton and Marc Savard both two pretty good players.

This one is too hard for me to decide. While the length of the Sharks collapse is stunning. They sucked for 4 straight games.

The Leaf collapse was something else. How do you blow a 4-1 lead in game 7 with less than 10 minutes remaining? The sheer speed of that collapse was something else.

The Bruins had been without Savard for months. His absence wasn't a factor in the Finals. Horton was the only significant injury the Bruins had to deal with in the Finals.

We lost Hamhuis, Rome to suspension, Edler had several broken fingers, Ehrhoff was playing with one shoulder, Kesler was playing on one leg, Higgins had a broken foot, Bieksa and Henrik were also hurt.

It's a toss between the Sharks and Bruins for collapsing after a 3-0 lead.

But consider.

LA rolled San Jose big deal. But Philli rolled Boston in the Eastern Conference finals came back from a 3-0 deficit and then won game 7 4-3 after being down 3-0? They also did it against Thomas with frigging backup #11 in net

Then Toronto vs Boston for sure

Canucks don't really come in to that equation

Nope. Rask played all the games for Boston in the 09-10 playoffs. Thomas lost his job that year but claimed it back the next year in spectacular fashion.

Edit: It was the 2nd round as well. Philly played Montreal in the ECF.

I think 33/35 teams who were in our position of being 2-0 in the finals went on and won the cup, so yes we did choke.

Just not as hard as the Sharks.

God, those stats are so stupid and don't mean anything.

It's like that stupid "every Canadian team to host the winter Olympics with the cup the next year" stat or whatever where the Flames won the cup in 89 and another team did it too.

Doesn't mean crap. Losing a series after having a 2-0 lead isn't choking.. It's just what you call a good series. If it was a 3-0, then yes, it's a choke. Any of those BS statistics don't mean squat. Every year is different, every team is different.. The games changes...

Bure to mogilny is the biggest cdc troll thats why he put the canucks one in there. Notice his nice spelling? Up 3-2 is barely a choke. If he was serious he wouldve said lost while up 2-0 in the series.

I didnt want to do that at all why do u say that?

I just wanted to make a poll and i included the canucks cause i didnt want to look unbiased

I dont think it was thr biggest choke but i thought thered be some canucks fans who may say it was cause we were president trophy winners and steem rolled san jose and than had 2-0 and 3-2 leads. And also is for the cup in the finals not like any other round so is more important right

But if is sutch a problem for people i can edit it out i didnt want to see this problem from this thread

I think 33/35 teams who were in our position of being 2-0 in the finals went on and won the cup, so yes we did choke.

Just not as hard as the Sharks.

I'd be interested to see your 'research' on that. I'd guess off the top of my head that the home team winning the first two games is pretty common and yet has only a marginal statistical advantage to that team winning the series.

The Bruins had been without Savard for months. His absence wasn't a factor in the Finals. Horton was the only significant injury the Bruins had to deal with in the Finals.

We lost Hamhuis, Rome to suspension, Edler had several broken fingers, Ehrhoff was playing with one shoulder, Kesler was playing on one leg, Higgins had a broken foot, Bieksa and Henrik were also hurt.

That, and they wouldn't have even been able to get Horton if it weren't for Savard's LTI relief so you can't count both as injuries detrimental to the Bruins ability to win the cup.

But for the topic, the Bruins being up 3-0 in the series and then 3-0 in game 7 and still losing is right up there with San Jose losing this year (after all their previous underperformances in the playoffs).

...and minus Raymond.

I find it funny that over half the people here say the sharks kings and some even said its not close but i did the same pole at hf boards and the right now the results are

Boston flyers 34%

Canucks bruins 4.5%

Leafs bruins 36%

Bruins hawks 9%

Sharks kings 16%

And a gain the only ones saying the canucks choke should of not bin there are canucks fans lol

I guess the thing about the SJ one that makes it seem worse is that they were already known for being chokers so they should have really been on guard for that possibility. The Boston vs Philadelphia one was more of a shock when it happened.

Archived