The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal - Vav/Clb

I know you are saying here is another Johansen trade. Well it is and I believe it is just what we need to solid our top six as well as our future after the Sedins.

To Van

Johansen

Hjalmarsson

To Clb

Lack

Hansen (Would perfer Burrows if he would waive)

Horvat

First of Lack has more trade value than Markstrom at this point and with our depth in the minors behind him; we will be good after Miller leaves. He also gives Colombus another option if Bobrovsky tries to take thm to the bank next offseason.

Horvat is there replacement for Johansen. Horvat gives them a little more skill I think over Johansen but we get someone who is already at the NHL level.

If Burrows waives his NTC than we keep Hansen if not Hansen goes in the deal and Burrows gets bought out to make way for Johansens contract.

Our top lineup

Sedin - Sedin - Vrbata

Matthias - Johansen - Kassian (Kass and Matthias work well together when they were on either side)

Higgins - Bonino - Jensen

Hjalmarsson - Richardson - Dorsett

Vey

I know it is alot to give up; but with us getting McCann I think we can afford to give up Horvat in this trade. By all accounts McCann should step in as our 3rd line center in a year with his size and blossom from there. Either way he should be ready for 2nd line duty after the Sedins contracts are up and they probably retire at that point.

With Hjalmarsson I am not quite sure what we get in him. That is why I slotted him on the Fourth line. If he outplays Higgins than they could always switch.

Some of you may say we are either giving to little or to much. Either way I would probably throw in a 2nd rounder as well just to get the deal done.

Remember this is a hockey trade which I believe is good and fair for both teams.

I don't think it works. Columbus already have their goalie in Bobrovski, so they don't need Lack. Horvat is projected to be a 2nd/3rd line center, but Johansen is their #1 center of the future.

Not only is there not enough offered to interest Columbus, but it makes no sense for them to make this trade.

I don't think it works. Columbus already have their goalie in Bobrovski, so they don't need Lack. Horvat is projected to be a 2nd/3rd line center, but Johansen is their #1 center of the future.

Not only is there not enough offered to interest Columbus, but it makes no sense for them to make this trade.

This. Horvat is the only high value asset in the deal. The other two assets are a third liner and a goalie who has yet to be a starter for a full year. Goalies are extremely undervalued on the trade market as well. Also Bob is a stud, Benning would be embarrassed to even offer this to Columbus.

To Van

Johansen

Hjalmarsson

To Clb

Lack

Hansen (Would perfer Burrows if he would waive)

Horvat

First of Lack has more trade value than Markstrom at this point and with our depth in the minors behind him; we will be good after Miller leaves. He also gives Colombus another option if Bobrovsky tries to take thm to the bank next offseason.

That they could use a second solid goalie in the system is about all you got right.

Horvat is there replacement for Johansen. Horvat gives them a little more skill I think over Johansen but we get someone who is already at the NHL level.

Horvat does not give them more skill over Johansen. CBJ wants to win now anyway, so they'd prefer the guy already at the NHL level even if Horvat was better.

If Burrows waives his NTC than we keep Hansen if not Hansen goes in the deal and Burrows gets bought out to make way for Johansens contract.

Burrows can't just get bought out any more. There are specific periods available for buyouts and they can only be done during those periods, not to mention we've used all our compliance buyouts so there'd still be a cap hit associated with a buyout for Burrows.

CBJ don't even take that for Johansen alone. I've given some extra reasons above.

I don't think they'd be looking for forwards in return (aside from another similarly developed center, which we don't have). They're deep up front and Johansen will only get better moving forward. Maybe they could use a defensive partner for Jack Johnson but the other guys (Wisniewski, Murray, Tyutin, etc.) are pretty good, and then there's Bob in net.

Not sure what we could give them that wouldn't hurt us in return, maybe they'd want to bolster their defensive depth (not that Johnson - Tyutin, Murray - Wiz and Erixon - Prout/ Savard isn't good but Johnson's not the best in terms of with-or-without-you stats) but it'd cost too much to pry Johansen out.

Maybe Bonino (short-term stop gap), Horvat (long-term replacement) and Tanev (as another calming presence for Johnson), to start. Then again, I don't think we should do it.

Hjlmarsson plays in Chicago... Does he not? And ya not enough. Wouldn't be worth what we would have to give up.

I guess Chicago just gives him to us in the deal just cause?

Bad deal for CBJ anyways

CBJ has one of their own as well, a forward.

http://capgeek.com/player/3447

I don't think they'd be looking for forwards in return (aside from another similarly developed center, which we don't have). They're deep up front and Johansen will only get better moving forward. Maybe they could use a defensive partner for Jack Johnson but the other guys (Wisniewski, Murray, Tyutin, etc.) are pretty good, and then there's Bob in net.

Not sure what we could give them that wouldn't hurt us in return, maybe they'd want to bolster their defensive depth (not that Johnson - Tyutin, Murray - Wiz and Erixon - Prout/ Savard isn't good but Johnson's not the best in terms of with-or-without-you stats) but it'd cost too much to pry Johansen out.

The only way I see it is if we're offering Bonino as the main piece with one of our backup goalies and another prospect of fairly high value.

Archived