The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Dustin Penner to sign with Zug

AriGold

I have seen some twitter action on him signing in Zug so thought it was worth a rumour post.

Dustin Penner should be close to sign with Swiss Club EV Zug according to sources! #penner

#CapsRumor Dustin Penner (F) from Washington Capitals to Zug

http://www.infoticker.ch/eishockey/geruechte/artikel/nhl-stuermer-auf-klubsuche-evz-heisser-kandidat-33634/

That is an artical saying Zug has been rumoured to sign Penner.

^ If ANA didn't basically give him away for nothing they probably would have made it past LA . I'm assuming they traded him cause they thought they were going to get Vanek and needed cap space.

They traded him because they thought they had Kessler. That is why Murray said we would get less in the summer and really stuck to his guns when Kessler bent Benning over a barrel.

this makes me sad . This dude had all the tools , and was never more than average

I wouldn't consider a 32 goal year and multiple 40+ point seasons as average.

Lazy, under dedicated, but not average.

This could be good for his career if he actually does things right. He should get top line minutes there and doesn't have to play with the pressure that comes from playing in the NHL. If he spent a year refining his game and working on his fitness he could come back after and turn back into a really good player again.

How does David Booth still have an NHL job but this guy with two rings doesn't

Booth sucks but puts his all on the line.

Penner has all the tools but has questionable work ethic.

The NHL is a business so it's only sane to pay for what you KNOW you're gonna get.

Archived