The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Breakout Candidates

Rex425

How can Dany Heatley breakout? Revitalize is a better word.

Zack Kassian, Jonathan Huberdeau, Alex Galchenyuk, Valeri Nichushkin, and Ryan Murray.

He can because he had some great seasons in the past, he did well in the first round vs. Colorado and there's a good chance he plays with one of getzlaf/Perry, or Kesler then remember Penner kind of had a breakout year. When I mean "Breakout" I don't only mean their first season being a good player, I mean all players that can even have a way better year than last year.

I gotta say Brett Ritchie. PWF that could end up playing on Dallas 2nd line with Spezza and Hemsky.

Benn Seguin Nischuskin

Hemsky Spezza Ritchie

Scary :o

Ritchie is a talent. I'd lay money he won't be up to NHL speed and endurance.

DBTR had the best suggestion to date IMO; Kuznetsov. Already lead his team in the KHL in scoring several times. Looked great in late games for the Capitals when I watched and will likely play with Ovi and Backstrom...

Might be some others who are as good. But that opportunity!

Edmonton?

Purcell added as a talent guy.

More important, glue guys (like Burrows) who win pucks, skate their arses off, stick their noses in it and otherwise do anything to win in Perron and Pouliot.

Still waiting on their D though. Or is Nurse ready?

DBTR had the best suggestion to date IMO; Kuznetsov. Already lead his team in the KHL in scoring several times. Looked great in late games for the Capitals when I watched and will likely play with Ovi and Backstrom...

Might be some others who are as good. But that opportunity!

I picked Kuz up at the end of my fantasy league season and he did quite well. Its a keeper league and I kept Kuznetsov over Barkov, will have to wait and see how that pans out.

Mackinnon's going to put himself into elite category this year

Heatley and Richards were very low cost signings, they're going to revive their careers

Ekblad's a stud and will prove to everybody why he was picked first

Drouin will tear it up in Tampa. They're providing him a perfect environment

zibanajad, Nichushkin, Murray

Ever heard of the sophomore slump? He won't be elite next year, i'd give it at least 2 or 3 years.

Hell, even Duchene looked like he wasnt ready for the NHL in his 2nd year after dominating in his first. Give the kid more time.

EDIT: JK, it was his 3rd year that he really slumped.. But still, sophomore slump is definitely a thing.

MacKinnon - him & Duchene together will be scary

Granlund - with Vanek, Parise, Pomminville, Koivu watch out

Smith-Pelley - if he's with Getzlaf and Perry on a consistent basis

Turris - just a guess now that he's the #1 centre

Kreider - coming out party in the playoffs

Heatley,Richards,Booth,Roy

Those are bounce back/career revitalize candidates

Archived