The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cory Sarich hit by a car.

HC20.0

Yikes..... Glad he's okay. Could've been a lot worse. Hope he recovers soon.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=457808

"NHL defenceman Cory Sarich is recovering in a Calgary hospital after he was injured in a cycling accident on Monday.

Sarich's agent, Tim Hodgson, said in a press release that Sarich was hit by a car while training on his bike in Invermere, B.C. He was airlifted to a hospital in Calgary and is in stable condition with non-life-threatening injuries.

"It's been a rough couple of days and I'm grateful for the support I've been receiving from the medical team here and from family and friends" said Sarich in the release. "My wife Reagan and I appreciate all of the kind words and encouragement."

The timeline for the 35-year-old's recovery is unclear.

Sarich is currently a free agent after spending last season with the Colorado Avalanche where he recorded one goal and nine assists in 54 games.

Over his 15-year NHL career, the Saskatoon native has spent time with the Calgary Flames, Tampa Bay Lightning and the Avalanche."

Wow this was right after he got a contract resign?

Yeah nothing good in Invermere, Golden isn't any better.

Also, never cycle around traffic in Kelowna, I'm disgusted at how incompetent drivers are there.

Yeah nothing good in Invermere, Golden isn't any better.

Yeah - who needs lakes, mountains, and nature anyways?

...It's a long way to go for the Lower Mainland, when they have the same stuff only closer. But places like Invermere, Golden, and Radium are popular destinations for Albertans. They are each only a few hour drive from Calgary.

Yeah - who needs lakes, mountains, and nature anyways?

...It's a long way to go for the Lower Mainland, when they have the same stuff only closer. But places like Invermere, Golden, and Radium are popular destinations for Albertans. They are each only a few hour drive from Calgary.

Must be where a lot of those "incompetent" Kelowna drivers that CC was talking about are coming from. :P

Archived