The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - WPG

So half this site wants to tank due to next years strong draft.

Yet Winnipeg, a team that will likely finish bottom 8, will give up their lottery ticket.

For a backup goalie, 3rd/4th liner, and 5th round pick from 2 years back.

thank you internet.

Winnipeg would want quite a bit more. Lack would get conversations started, however. I don't even know if I'd want to move Lack though (even though it would be a great pick). Demko won't be ready to be a starting goalie until Lack is well in his 30s and Miller is retired. I don't have enough faith that Markstrom becomes a starting goalie in the league.

So half this site wants to tank due to next years strong draft.

Yet Winnipeg, a team that will likely finish bottom 8, will give up their lottery ticket.

He's still better than Pavolec. But in all honesty this deal is absurd. Throw in a 2nd or a grade B+ prospect and then they'll talk

For a backup goalie, 3rd/4th liner, and 5th round pick from 2 years back.

thank you internet.

I could see Lack or Markstrom going to Winnipeg, but not until we get close to the end of training camp.

Right now, we can use insurance that we don't wind up losing a goalie to injury in camp. All you need is for some rookie trying to make a name for himself to run over Miller and put him out for a few months and we'd be looking for a spare goalie really fast.

Better to see how it plays out and which teams feel they are weak at backup position and willing to make a move.

Archived