The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Trades for the future

Building a future 1st line and future 1st D pairing through trades and the draft...

Now I know there is no way to know what the draft picks are going to be or what's going to happen but this is just for fun. Also this wouldn't be too unrealistic. Assuming everything happens and everything works out, would this be good?

Need to come out of 2015 draft with:

D Noah Hanifin (projected to go first round, possibly top 10 for sure but more likely top 5)

F AJ Greer (projected to go top 15-projected to be a future 1st line powerforward)

D Zach Werenski (anywhere in the second round and projects to be a future second pairing d-man, with potential to be 1st D pairing)

Need to come out of 2016 draft with:

D Griffin Luce (projected to be top 4 d and is an all around dman and is projected to go mid 1st round)

D Noah Hanifin- projected to go 1-5 (were most likely going to have to trade for a pick to draft him)

F AJ Greer-projected to go 8-15 (we can easily draft him with our 2015 1st round pick we already have)

D Zach Werenski- late 2nd round pick (can easily draft him with our 2015 second round pick)

D Grifin Luce- projected to go 15-25 (can draft him with our 2016 1st round pick

Now the draft order may not be set but...

If we can get a 4-5 pick in 2015, we have a real good chance of drafting Noah.

1.McDavid

2. Eitchel

3. Barzal

4. Hanifin

5. White

Would this be enough to get a top 5 pick to draft Noah Hanifin? We could wait till we know we will get Hanifin for sure to make the trade.

To whichever team: 2017 1st round pick, 2016 2nd round pick, Ryan Stanton, Yannick Weber Jannik Hansen

If not add in Mathias? Cole Cassels? Alex Grenier?

Then if Alex Edler is shit again make him waive by threatening to send him to minors. Trade him and B level prospect and a high pick to Florida for Nick Bjugstad.

Prospects (put all of them cuz some people will pan out and some may not but this would be in 5-6 years)

Whoever is best will be in top 12 others traded or in minors)

Jensen. Bjugstad. Virtanen

Shinkaruk. Horvat Kassian

Greer. McCan. Fox

Vey. Cassels. Gaunce

Grenier Lain. Zalewski

(Whoever is best will be in top 6 others traded or in minors)

Hanifin. Luce

Tanev. Sbisa.

Werenski Corrado

Hutton. Cederholm

Subban. Tyramkin

Tommernes.

Lack? (Might get traded)

Markstrom? (Likely will get traded)

Demko

Erikkson

Cannata

That team looks like it could compete for a cup in the future...

Remember just for fun, obviously the trade for top 5 pick in 2015 draft won't happen and Alex Edler WILL NOT HAPPEN.

ARGUE AWAY

Would this be enough to get a top 5 pick to draft Noah Hanifin? We could wait till we know we will get Hanifin for sure to make the trade.

To whichever team: 2017 1st round pick, 2016 2nd round pick, Ryan Stanton, Yannick Weber Jannik Hansen

Then if Alex Edler is crap again make him waive by threatening to send him to minors. Trade him and B level prospect and a high pick to Florida for Nick Bjugstad.

don't see the fun in making an nhl 15 proposal that never happens like you said tbh.

Are you asking if that is enough for a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft? The answer would be no but you knew that when you created this thread. So I really don't understand the point of this and it wasn't a very "fun" and engaging post to read.

Check it out...another guy from the future who's talking out of his @$$.

Building a future 1st line and future 1st D pairing through trades and the draft...

Now I know there is no way to know what the draft picks are going to be or what's going to happen but this is just for fun. Also this wouldn't be too unrealistic. Assuming everything happens and everything works out, would this be good?

Need to come out of 2015 draft with:

D Noah Hanifin (projected to go first round, possibly top 10 for sure but more likely top 5)

F AJ Greer (projected to go top 15-projected to be a future 1st line powerforward)

D Zach Werenski (anywhere in the second round and projects to be a future second pairing d-man, with potential to be 1st D pairing)

Need to come out of 2016 draft with:
D Griffin Luce (projected to be top 4 d and is an all around dman and is projected to go mid 1st round)

D Noah Hanifin- projected to go 1-5 (were most likely going to have to trade for a pick to draft him)
F AJ Greer-projected to go 8-15 (we can easily draft him with our 2015 1st round pick we already have)
D Zach Werenski- late 2nd round pick (can easily draft him with our 2015 second round pick)

D Grifin Luce- projected to go 15-25 (can draft him with our 2016 1st round pick

Now the draft order may not be set but...

If we can get a 4-5 pick in 2015, we have a real good chance of drafting Noah.
1.McDavid
2. Eitchel
3. Barzal
4. Hanifin
5. White

Then if Alex Edler is crap again make him waive by threatening to send him to minors. Trade him and B level prospect and a high pick to Florida for Nick Bjugstad.

Prospects (put all of them cuz some people will pan out and some may not but this would be in 5-6 years)

Whoever is best will be in top 12 others traded or in minors)
Jensen. Bjugstad. Virtanen
Shinkaruk. Horvat Kassian
Greer. McCan. Fox
Vey. Cassels. Gaunce
Grenier Lain. Zalewski

(Whoever is best will be in top 6 others traded or in minors)
Hanifin. Luce
Tanev. Sbisa.
Werenski Corrado
Hutton. Cederholm
Subban. Tyramkin
Tommernes.

Lack? (Might get traded)
Markstrom? (Likely will get traded)
Demko
Erikkson
Cannata

That team looks like it could compete for a cup in the future...

Remember just for fun, obviously the trade for top 5 pick in 2015 draft won't happen and Alex Edler WILL NOT HAPPEN.

ARGUE AWAY

I have seen Hanifin and Greer. Hanifin is a non-brainer if he is there at 4 or 5. IMHO, he projects better than Aaron Ekblad. He needs to continue to fill out and add muscle to his upper body. His leg strength is already at a pro level. He plays a classic style of stay at home. All of the sudden, he is in transition and a part of the attack. If he adds a one-timer to his game, he will be an elite dman. He could be great QB on the PP. Sorry for Jerry York butI think that he is one and done at BC.

Greer may be the biggest surprise in the draft. Most hockey people believe that he is to best power forward in this draft. I see him a bit differently. He has a chance at becoming a special player. He is listed at 6'3" and 205lbs. He has a monster shot, above average hands and surprising speed. He shows the skills to become a top face-off guy, distributes the puck extremely well and is responsible in 3 zones. I could see him playing the style of Eric Staal (or maybe Joe Thornton). There's one more thing that intrigues me about Greer. I read a report saying if Greer was a dman, he would still be a first-rounder. From what I have seen, he will be an NHLer within 3 years.

I hope that things shake out and the Canucks can land these kids. They could be part of an amazing young core with Demko, Virtanen and Horvat.

Archived