The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden on Team 1040 Today

Squamfan

Kassian thing could be out of context.

A fan could have directly asked will kassian play with the twins. Trevor would then respond with that quote without harm.

Or it could just be one part of a larger quote which fully explains the statement.

Can I listen to this?

Sure, do you have a radio? Or internet?

Chalky even told you how to do so earlier in the thread:

http://www.teamradio.ca/

click listen now

He just said we will be paying more but will have better options for food....I'm still going to bring pre-made tuna sandwiches and super socco drink boxes though.

Super_Socco-300x188.jpg

I know where to find Matt Sekeres and other people posting info from the Team 1040 radio station where Linden is talking from on Twitter. That got me (and VC) the info the OP was looking for. Why not cut out the middle man and go straight to the source if you want to know something?

Well, in my case it's because I didn't have twitter on, but am on this site way too much. I find CDC to be about a couple minutes behind twitter, and all other sources, like all the time. Esp. for Canucks news. I use twitter when i'm looking for some specific info about other teams, if it's not on HF. But that's just me.

Oh, I considered turning on the radio as well, but this didn't seem important enough. Will wait for a recap, which will come in easy to read point form most of the time. I'm thankful for all the work that people put in here.

Well, in my case it's because I didn't have twitter on, but am on this site way too much. I find CDC to be about a couple minutes behind twitter, and all other sources, like all the time. Esp. for Canucks news. I use twitter when i'm looking for some specific info about other teams, if it's not on HF. But that's just me.

Fair enough. This sounds like pretty specific info the OP is looking for (i.e. Linden's comments while on air with the Team 1040) so probably not a bad thing to go check out. Even if you don't want to go on Twitter, Team 1040 will certainly have their podcast or links to the audio up later for anyone who'd want to listen to it.

I don't mind typing out the details of a 5-10 minute interview like we often see, but I'm not going to summarize a 2 hour long segment of Linden on air for someone who can't find the info on their own.

Fair enough. This sounds like pretty specific info the OP is looking for (i.e. Linden's comments while on air with the Team 1040) so probably not a bad thing to go check out. Even if you don't want to go on Twitter, Team 1040 will certainly have their podcast or links to the audio up later for anyone who'd want to listen to it.

I don't mind typing out the details of a 5-10 minute interview like we often see, but I'm not going to summarize a 2 hour long segment of Linden on air for someone who can't find the info on their own.

Well that's not good. 2 hours is a long time to waste for a lot of people. Hopefully somebody else will summarize as that's something you'd definitely want to read a summary on.

Ruh roh. Out of context this sounds like Kass is turning yet another 'all about me' type of player.

I think all that is all the scuttlebut about where Kass is going to play and was a general answer..I cant see Kassian asking for top line minutes,,,lol

Can someone give me the link to the interview. The one Chalky have me isn't working.

Works fine for me. Did you click on Listen Live at the top by the big red '1040'?

Linden's not on air any more though, he was on from 11am-1pm. They'll probably put up a link to audio/the podcast later today.

Well that's not good. 2 hours is a long time to waste for a lot of people. Hopefully somebody else will summarize as that's something you'd definitely want to read a summary on.

Like I said, Matt Sekeres is doing a pretty good job on his Twitter. If anyone wants more detail they should listen to it in full length themselves. Maybe they'll get lucky and one of the Canucks bloggers (like Canucks Army or Nucks Misconduct) will put up something as well.

The internet can be a wonderful thing.

If Jensen is ready him and Kassian could be interchangeable on the 2nd/3rd line RW depending on who's "going".

Jensen is more of a sniper where Kassian has more of a passing play mindset and has the ability to punish you almost anywhere if he actually desires. 2 different skill sets imo, but Jensen would be better served on a 3rd line actually learning to be consistent

@mattsekeres

Keeping Bo Horvat until December and then loaning him out to Canada's world junior team "always an option" according to Linden. #Canucks

@mattsekeres

Linden says Zack Kassian needs to worry about being "a complete player" not about what line he plays on. #Canucks

@mattsekeres

#Canucks president Linden says team is done on the free-agent market.

@mattsekeres

Linden says team has looked at Johnny Canuck jerseys with Johnny as the primary logo. #Canucks

Is this another hint that he might play on the third line ? Although he isn't a SURE lock on the top 6, he is capable of playing there as long as he's becoming that "complete player" Linden was talking about. And Bonino could sure help him with his playmaking abilities.. he'll get the puck more now that Kesler's gone.

Jensen is more of a sniper where Kassian has more of a passing play mindset and has the ability to punish you almost anywhere if he actually desires. 2 different skill sets imo, but Jensen would be better served on a 3rd line actually learning to be consistent

Didn't say they had the same skill set. If anything that makes them a better choice to move between lines. Find Burrows/Bonino need a shooter, put Jensen up there. The third needs some passing and a bit more size and grit, Kassian moves down.

Shuffle/mix and match as required.

The most exciting news I got out of this thread is that Chalky's post indirectly led me to the information that Super Socco is having a 2014 relaunch!

https://www.facebook.com/realsupersocco

http://www.supersocco.ca/index.html

As for the stuff from Linden's Team 1040 interview: nothing much new there (at least based on what was tweeted by Matt Sekeres). Anyone listen to the whole thing (and hear anything of note that wasn't in those tweets)?

EDIT: typos/grammar

Like I said, Matt Sekeres is doing a pretty good job on his Twitter. If anyone wants more detail they should listen to it in full length themselves. Maybe they'll get lucky and one of the Canucks bloggers (like Canucks Army or Nucks Misconduct) will put up something as well.

The internet can be a wonderful thing.

Nah i've already deemed it not important enough to set aside 2 hours to listen. Looks like the important tidbits were put up here already, so i'll go with that. The thing with information is that it spreads to different forums quite quickly. There is no rule on where you have to get it from. I think that's the point of the internet.

Archived